Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

Hearing Marble may have had his offer pulled or SLU no longer showing much interest.  Marble transferred from another DFW area high school after his freshman year and SLU had questions in his transcript.  In any event, Oral Roberts is showing interest in him and his teammate Max Abams. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot less information available for juco recruits. I've been tracking both Verge and Sloan; Verge has a couple offers this summer and there's almost nothing out there on Sloan.

I know we had been recruiting Verge last season. I believe Tate has a relationship with him. I don't know where we stand currently with him, nor do I know if we're in the mix for Sloan.

TheChosenOne likes this

46 minutes ago, brianstl said:

We will see how well McKinney ends up fitting in at Mizzou.  

If I was Barry Odom, I would try to convince him to give football a shot.

Seems like they are pretty well loaded with cornerbacks and WRs.... 

That BBE squad from this summer had a number of kids who would look pretty good on the football field (something basketball coaches absolutely love to hear haha).

brianstl likes this

11 minutes ago, brianstl said:

What we need from this class has changed quickly.  We need a ready big and have playing time to offer right away.  It has to be the number one focus for the staff right now on the recruiting trail.

I was really liking the way the bigs were one per year on the roster - Foreman (senior), Santos (junior), French (sophomore), Gordon (freshman) - and in an ideal world, we'd have been able to cycle through with a new big man every year. And with guys like French and Gordon, you could take a chance on a guy with a high ceiling who might not be ready to play big minutes right away. But you're right, now we could stand to add at least one more developed big in 2019 and maybe another longer term guy.

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I was really liking the way the bigs were one per year on the roster - Foreman (senior), Santos (junior), French (sophomore), Gordon (freshman) - and in an ideal world, we'd have been able to cycle through with a new big man every year. And with guys like French and Gordon, you could take a chance on a guy with a high ceiling who might not be ready to play big minutes right away. But you're right, now we could stand to add at least one more developed big in 2019 and maybe another longer term guy.

Seems like a Rashed Anthony 2.0 may be able to fill the gap next year 

15 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

Seems like a Rashed Anthony 2.0 may be able to fill the gap next year 

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Id hope we could do better now that we should be winning

Yep, need more than a 'good teammate'. 

Did Anthony graduate from his Master's program?

33 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I do agree that better would be ideal, but I don't think we are at a point that we can land a CAG every year. I really hope I'm wrong. But with CAG and French starting, and Hankton in waiting, a grad transfer could be the ticket. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I would very happily take Rashed Anthony 2.0 as a 4th or 5th big.  He was good for practice and while not a star, he was credible while on the court.  He also only takes up a scholarship for 1 year so our hands are not tied when it comes to future opportunities.

I would want to do better to fill the first 3 big spots, but would ALWAYS gladly take Rashed for the 4th or 5th spot. 

(Of course this is just my personal feelings and an opinion of mine...it is not meant to indicate that I think there is a right or wrong answer)

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Cool? Are we recruiting him? 

I know Ford was there recently but I think the young man needs some work.  I have watched him play a few times in the Ramey Fall League.  With Santos gone now.. Ford might be looking for someone more "ready" coming in as a Freshman.  

5 hours ago, Coach314 said:

I know Ford was there recently but I think the young man needs some work.  I have watched him play a few times in the Ramey Fall League.  With Santos gone now.. Ford might be looking for someone more "ready" coming in as a Freshman.  

A guy with one D1 offer from SEMO is “ready”? Give me a break.