Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, RiseAndGrind said:

I really really want to believe Roy. I just don’t see it. But man I’ll buy ya a beer if SLU is in it till the end. 

Why not?    Liddell has not said ANY school is favored.   Tate is an old eagle, ex-billiken cory Frazier is his AAU coach, one of his first belleville west coaches was justin love, billiken hall of Famer and belleville west hall of Famer Joe Wiley has been singing the billiken fight song for EJ, last, EJ loves the local attention which I'm sure Goodwin has told him all about.   Do not count us out yet.   

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Why not?    Liddell has not said ANY school is favored.   Tate is an old eagle, ex-billiken cory Frazier is his AAU coach, one of his first belleville west coaches was justin love, billiken hall of Famer and belleville west hall of Famer Joe Wiley has been singing the billiken fight song for EJ, last, EJ loves the local attention which I'm sure Goodwin has told him all about.   Do not count us out yet.   

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

wish he was close to TL3

3 hours ago, FromDaEastSide said:

My guess is Northwestern. Collins has been recruiting him for a while. My guesses are Ill, Miz, OSU, NU and KSU. 

That's right. Northwestern is also said to still be in the mix.

That's the thing here: there are maybe a dozen schools that could go in those last 4 spots, none of which would surprise me. SLU, Mizzou, Illinois, K-State, Florida, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Duke, and maybe Louisville or Georgetown turns up the heat or another blueblood like UNC comes through with an offer. It seems like he's giving schools one last chance by doing the Nike Skills Academy this weekend and announcing his list next week.

I think he'll pull a Tatum and list SLU in the final 5 just to tease the locals. Hate to say this but I think Mizzery will get the nod. Chalk it up to the Cuonzo factor. One caveat, if he gets an offer from some thoroughbreds like Duke or UNC then they will get his services. From everything I've read on here, he seems to be a kid in search of much brighter lights than SLU.

Glorydays2013 likes this

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I think he'll pull a Tatum and list SLU in the final 5 just to tease the locals. 

I feel pretty confident in saying that SLU was Tatum's second choice. And TBH it bothers me to know what it would have been like if Ford was the coach then

On 8/5/2018 at 10:34 PM, Quality Is Job 1 said:

21 schools; I'm guessing that's not a list of finalists.

I agree to this extent; he might have picked SLU if Duke got the death penalty for what I don't know. The odds were very long that he would choose SLU over Coach K. 

29 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I think he'll pull a Tatum and list SLU in the final 5 just to tease the locals. Hate to say this but I think Mizzery will get the nod. Chalk it up to the Cuonzo factor. One caveat, if he gets an offer from some thoroughbreds like Duke or UNC then they will get his services. From everything I've read on here, he seems to be a kid in search of much brighter lights than SLU.

Brighter lights?  The NBA is loaded with players who went to schools other than Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc.  To make the NBA you just have to have the talent.

16 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Brighter lights?  The NBA is loaded with players who went to schools other than Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc.  To make the NBA you just have to have the talent.

Tatum started at duke with a supporting cast. He would have had no one at Slu and Crews as his coach. He wouldn’t have been happy spending his only college year losing almost every game. 

Just now, Glorydays2013 said:

Tatum started at duke with a supporting cast. He would have had no one at Slu and Crews as his coach. He wouldn’t have been happy spending his only college year losing almost every game. 

You aren't playing out the hand though because it would be dealt differently.  The original post was if Ford was here.  If Ford was here he would've had a better supporting cast from that fact alone.  Not to mention he could've helped recruit another solid player or two to play with him.  

25 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Not entirely true, I am pretty sure that the likes of Duke and UNC have plenty of very talented players who  play very little. The reason is  that the teams are loaded with high power extremely  talented stars. If you spend a number of years playing very little, you are not likely to be chosen at the draft regardless of your talent level simply because what you are able to do remains largely unknown. In a dog sled race only the lead dog gets to see the scenery.