Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

10 hours ago, William Iken said:

Exactly. We can't have, nor do we want, a team of only locals. It's not the recipe for success, and more importantly in today's climate there will be players leaving every year disgruntled with playing time or some other reason. These guys could poison the local well. A healthy mix, which seems to be TF's focus.

Nice we get into the talent rich Northern NJ area. Drejaj now the coach Linden, NJ HS and was  always a Billiken favorite of mine .

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, William Iken said:

Exactly. We can't have, nor do we want, a team of only locals. It's not the recipe for success, and more importantly in today's climate there will be players leaving every year disgruntled with playing time or some other reason. These guys could poison the local well. A healthy mix, which seems to be TF's focus.

i dont want all the local kids.   just the best of them.

Collins made the right call in opting for surgery now. He'll be at full strength later in the HS season, and more importantly, when he arrives on a college campus in the spring/summer. He may lose the chance to be evaluated a couple more times this month, but I'm wondering if his shoulder was a factor in his disappointing Peach Jam.

HenryB likes this

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Collins made the right call in opting for surgery now. He'll be at full strength later in the HS season, and more importantly, when he arrives on a college campus in the spring/summer. He may lose the chance to be evaluated a couple more times this month, but I'm wondering if his shoulder was a factor in his disappointing Peach Jam.

Guessing so. I’ve noticed he wears a shoulder brace type thing. Does he has a history of shoulder problems?

42 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Guessing so. I’ve noticed he wears a shoulder brace type thing. Does he has a history of shoulder problems?

Yes. I don't know how long he's had that thing on, but I know he sat out some games early last season with a shoulder injury, and I'm pretty sure he wore it during the spring/summer AAU season last year, too. This surgery has been a long time coming, it seems.

Gibson Jimerson is an A+ sports name. And yes, I confirmed that it is one M and his AAU team spelled it wrong in the tweet.

Gibson Jimerson - SG, 6-6, 210 - Richmond, VA (Montverde Academy, FL) - Twitter: @JimersonGibson

Offers: SLU, K-State, Cincinnati, Lehigh, James Madison, American, Columbia, Stony Brook, High Point, UNC-Greensboro.

Interest: VCU, Richmond, La Salle, NC State, Nebraska, Stanford, Colorado, East Carolina, Charlotte, Bucknell, Harvard, Yale, Princeton.

Latest News: Jimerson received an offer from SLU. (7/26/18)

Scouting Report: Jimerson is an elite shooter with very good size. Though primarily a shooter off the catch earlier on, he has expanded his scoring ability to score more off the dribble and at the rim, where he can finish or draw fouls. He's got good length and is a smart, efficient player who uses angles well and doesn't need a lot of dribbles to get to where he's going. His size helps him on the defensive end, as well, where he demonstrates good footwork and understanding of space. He's a solid rebounder for his position. He has underrated toughness and a competitive streak. He transferred from St. Christopher's HS to national powerhouse Montverde Academy in Florida, where he will play his final HS season.

-This kid can really shoot it, has nice size, and is a pretty good all-around scorer. He averaged 26.1 PPG as a junior in Richmond, and he's transferring to Montverde for this season, so that number will go down. His offers from Cincy and K-State are from spring 2017, so it's hard to say for sure whether those are still fresh. This escaped my radar at the time, but in May he said the schools recruiting him the hardest were SLU, Yale, Charlotte, La Salle, Lehigh, and UNCG. He said "Saint Louis checks in frequently. They love my ability to shoot the ball as well as my size and IQ." He's not just a smart player on the court, but had a 4.1 GPA his junior year. Anyway, if SLU was already checking in regularly in May and has now offered two months later, then they're serious about him.

-General observation: We've talked a lot about how SLU won't be a great shooting team this season, but a lot of the 2019-2021 kids we've offered are excellent shooters. We should see a little more balance in the near future.

12 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Tate ford and Bailey (?) front and center for Mokan vs. Beagles 

I guess Andrew Slater searched everywhere in the stands except for FRONT CENTER!!!!!!!!!! No mention of Saint Louis in his Tweet.