Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

On 5/23/2018 at 9:09 AM, Pistol said:

Jordan Dingle - SG, 6-3, 185 - Valley Stream, NY (Blair Academy, NJ) - Twitter: @Jdingle25

Offers: SLU.

Interest: UMass, San Diego, Brown, Manhattan.

Latest News: Dingle received an offer from SLU, his first. (5/23/18)

Scouting Report: Dingle is a tough guard who can stretch the floor and make plays for his teammates. He's got a smooth stroke and range, and uses his strong frame and athleticism to make explosive plays at the rim. He's been a big scorer for his NY Lightning AAU team on the Nike EYBL circuit so far, and was named first team all-state in the prep category in NJ as a junior, but the offers haven't come in for him yet. He was originally a 2018 player from Woodmere HS on Long Island, but transferred to Blair before last season and reclassified to 2019. He is the son of former UMass player Dana Dingle.

-So he's a late bloomer. He's got a good frame with length and strength, not a lot of quickness but is a solid athlete. He can shoot it and finish at the rim. Good passer. Rebounds his position well. AAU stats aren't perfect, but on D1 Circuit, they're saying he's averaging 12.9 PPG, shooting .450 from the field, .426 from 3, and .765 from the line. Dashawn Davis - who SLU recently offered - is leading the NY Lightning with 15.3 PPG, but they spread it out among the top four; Posh Alexander averages 12.8 and Alejandro Vasquez chips in 10.6. He plays his HS ball at Blair Academy, and SLU is no stranger to that program (Brett Jolly, Anthony Mack, Junub Char Chuol, and others). His dad (Dana) and uncle (Daniel) were NYC high school basketball stars for St. Raymond's and his dad went to UMass. He's an excellent student, hard worker. SLU is definitely getting in on the ground level here and I imagine he has other offers coming if he keeps playing well this spring and summer, so it'll be interesting to see how he develops.

Is Jordan related to Tyler Dingle, who runs track for SLU?  Both from Nassau County, Jordan from Valley Stream and Tyler from Hicksville.  Burgs about 5 miles apart.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/27/2018 at 9:59 PM, 757billiken said:

Watching Oakland Soldiers now just to see Scottie Pippin and Kenyon Martin getting angry their kids getting destroyed. They're not afraid to drop f bombs.

Keeping it classy, I see...

Edit: After reading about the young man's untimely death on the court I hope multi-millionaires like Pippin and Martin - and all other parents - take a second to remember that this is just a game. High school kids playing a game.

AGB91 likes this

On 5/27/2018 at 8:31 PM, HoosierPal said:

Is Jordan related to Tyler Dingle, who runs track for SLU?  Both from Nassau County, Jordan from Valley Stream and Tyler from Hicksville.  Burgs about 5 miles apart.

Not sure. I haven't seen them linked but I guess it's possible, given their home proximity.

Thanks for the updates from the weekend, @757billiken - interesting stuff. We offered Isaiah Stewart a year ago and he is indeed a manchild. He missed a big chunk of his sophomore year with an injury and I think that's the only reason he wasn't a top-20 player from the start. He's been sorely underrated, rankings-wise, but college coaches don't care. He's got more offers than anyone, and the attention is non-stop. He says he's going to trim his list soon.

New offer - h/t @RiseAndGrind:

Treyon Johnson - C, 6-10, 255 - Chicago, IL (Prosser) - Twitter: @TreyonJohnson35

Offers: SLU, Hampton, Kennesaw State.

Interest: TBD.

Latest News: Johnson picked up an offer from SLU. (5/29/18)

Scouting Report: Johnson is a center with great size and length. He rebounds both ends well, and has a good sense of positioning particularly on the offensive glass, where he gets a lot of his points. He has nice touch out to mid-range. He alters and blocks shots well. He appears to be a late bloomer, as there hasn't been much recruiting activity until this spring. He also appears to have reclassified; he was previously listed as a 2018 recruit at Proviso West but transferred to Prosser and has been listed as a 2019 player ever since.

-He's not playing much for Mac Irvin Fire, his AAU squad. Stats show him as having appeared in 6 of their 16 games, and not playing much. 9 total points on 4/9 shooting. He's big, has a long and strong frame. He doesn't pop off the screen as a big man with high-level athleticism, but he looks solid and steady. He gets in good position for offensive boards and second-chance points. He alters shots. He can make shots out to about 15 feet with soft touch. He doesn't dunk a lot for his size. I don't know the backstory here, but I can only find three offers and no interest at the moment, which is surprising for a player of his size. I'd have thought more colleges would be monitoring him, at least - and that may be the case, I just can't verify it yet. It appears to be a case of us getting in early on a late bloomer, seeing where things go.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Not sure. I haven't seen them linked but I guess it's possible, given their home proximity.

Thanks for the updates from the weekend, @757billiken - interesting stuff. We offered Isaiah Stewart a year ago and he is indeed a manchild. He missed a big chunk of his sophomore year with an injury and I think that's the only reason he wasn't a top-20 player from the start. He's been sorely underrated, rankings-wise, but college coaches don't care. He's got more offers than anyone, and the attention is non-stop. He says he's going to trim his list soon.

-watching Isaiah Stewart as the Bass Pro tournament, he would be a great get for us

55 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-watching Isaiah Stewart as the Bass Pro tournament, he would be a great get for us

He would be a great get for anyone and will be an NBA player soon. Unfortunately, we have no shot.

Terrence Shannon says SLU is one of the five working hardest for him

Q: A lot of schools have jumped into your recruitment. Which ones are recruiting you the hardest? 
A: “Texas A&M, DePaul, Loyola-Chicago, Saint Louis and Louisville.”

He elaborates on a few, but not SLU.

On 5/29/2018 at 12:58 PM, Cowboy said:

-come on Pistol, we have CFord and staff, dream big 😁

We'll find out tonight; Stewart is announcing his top 10. (Spoiler alert: SLU isn't on the list.)

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Terrence Shannon says SLU is one of the five working hardest for him

Q: A lot of schools have jumped into your recruitment. Which ones are recruiting you the hardest? 
A: “Texas A&M, DePaul, Loyola-Chicago, Saint Louis and Louisville.”

He elaborates on a few, but not SLU.

-I wonder if Pat Lawless asked about us and Porter? or is it let's just pump the P5 schools?

12 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Better than being #15

Real jokestar then, as I don't think Utah was on the final 14 he posted hours before .

20 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Mckinney committed to Utah.

Unless @Old guy you visited his twitter site and mistakenly saw the first post as his commitment to Utah. It's a retweet of someone else's commitment.

1 hour ago, William Iken said:

Real jokestar then, as I don't think Utah was on the final 14 he posted hours before .

Unless @Old guy you visited his twitter site and mistakenly saw the first post as his commitment to Utah. It's a retweet of someone else's commitment.

This is a great example of technology and the older generation like myself don’t go there let the savi posters on this site that know how to use it post what they learn.