Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

27 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

The two most ridiculous and over inflated fan bases in the country. Good job guys. 

Also Rock M. Nation is obviously a fan blog but it's not super reliable. They had Courtney Ramey not interested, then almost committed, then "oh it was never going to happen." They had Blake Hinson to Mizzou and he's going to Ole Miss.

I think they said *after Ramey committed to Texas* that Martin showed everyone you have to go through him to get recruits. 

Congrats, Shaka and Travis both "went through" martin. STFU.

Yea I read that one, even though they knew they likely weren't going to land Ramey they were able to "flex your recruiting muscles around all of St. Louis and Missouri".  So now because Caleb Love and Liddell saw a bunch of coaches show up for Ramey, they are going to want to go there?  Forget the fit with the coach, how they will be used, where they want to play, they saw Mizzou had coaches in the stands for a kid that didn't go there so now they are impressed.  Obviously the muscles they were flexing weren't very big as Shaka came in and left with the player. 

I understand it's a fan blog but at a certain point you have to at least try and write logical articles.  Otherwise he should just post on Tigerboard, if he can understand the format they have going on over there.  

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

The two most ridiculous and over inflated fan bases in the country. Good job guys. 

Also Rock M. Nation is obviously a fan blog but it's not super reliable. They had Courtney Ramey not interested, then almost committed, then "oh it was never going to happen." They had Blake Hinson to Mizzou and he's going to Ole Miss.

I think they said *after Ramey committed to Texas* that Martin showed everyone you have to go through him to get recruits. 

Congrats, Shaka and Travis both "went through" martin. STFU.

Snelling has an article on there talking about how losing the top recruit in the state won't have lasting impact on Mizzou.  Talk about missing the forest for the trees.  Mizzou offered seven players from the state of Missouri in the 2018 class.  They landed one of them.  The new coach that supposedly created all this excitement and was going to seal the borders of the state hit .143 on his in state targets.

5 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Yea I read that one, even though they knew they likely weren't going to land Ramey they were able to "flex your recruiting muscles around all of St. Louis and Missouri".  So now because Caleb Love and Liddell saw a bunch of coaches show up for Ramey, they are going to want to go there?  Forget the fit with the coach, how they will be used, where they want to play, they saw Mizzou had coaches in the stands for a kid that didn't go there so now they are impressed.  Obviously the muscles they were flexing weren't very big as Shaka came in and left with the player. 

I understand it's a fan blog but at a certain point you have to at least try and write logical articles.  Otherwise he should just post on Tigerboard, if he can understand the format they have going on over there.  

It wasn't just Shaka and Ford that thumped Martin on the recruiting trail.  Self, Collins, Weber, McDermott and Keatts picked the state clean.

11 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Snelling has an article on there talking about how losing the top recruit in the state won't have lasting impact on Mizzou.  Talk about missing the forest for the trees.  Mizzou offered seven players from the state of Missouri in the 2018 class.  They landed one of them.  The new coach that supposedly created all this excitement and was going to seal the borders of the state hit .143 on his in state targets.

Using same metric where’s TF?

1 minute ago, almaman said:

Two times better than SPUMAC with Gordon and Thatch signed.  Offers to Davis, Watson, Hellems, Ramey, and Reece.

13 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It wasn't just Shaka and Ford that thumped Martin on the recruiting trail.  Self, Collins, Weber, McDermott and Keatts picked the state clean.

Watson was a very good get. Nobody is picking the state clean. It’s clear that it’s a very competitive recruiting ground right now. 

5 minutes ago, almaman said:

3 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Two times better than SPUMAC with Gordon and Thatch signed.  Offers to Davis, Watson, Hellems, Ramey, and Reece.

I don't think Reece ever had real offer he could have accepted.  

8 minutes ago, NH said:

Watson was a very good get. Nobody is picking the state clean. It’s clear that it’s a very competitive recruiting ground right now. 

247 had 8 players from the state ranked in the top 200.  Missouri landed 1 of them.  If you are a Mizzou fan that should scare you.

ChangeOfPace likes this

From an Illinois fan posting on Tigerboard:

Brian Snow, a national writer, interviewed Liddell. No mention of any rumor. Liddell talked about schools and mentioned four. I’m sure that will change as the blue bloods get involved. Liddell talked about Illinois, Ohio State, Northwestern, and Kansas State.

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

From an Illinois fan posting on Tigerboard:

Ohio State in home April 8th, U of I - April 16th, Northwestern - April 17th, and Kansas State - April 18th.  Those were the most recent schools that visited him.  Is there more than that because that seems to just be fresh in mind mention then, no?  

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

Ohio State in home April 8th, U of I - April 16th, Northwestern - April 17th, and Kansas State - April 18th.  Those were the most recent schools that visited him.  Is there more than that because that seems to just be fresh in mind mention then, no?  

That's what we SLU fans must hope.

5 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

That's what we SLU fans must hope.

This is the article I'm guessing?  I can't see what he wrote but the title says "talked in home visits".  I guess I am just not seeing much if he asked about the in home visits.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/EJ-Liddell-talks-about-his-recent-in-home-visits-and-his-impressive-spring-on-the-court-117910934

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

This is the article I'm guessing?  I can't see what he wrote but the title says "talked in home visits".  I guess I am just not seeing much if he asked about the in home visits.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/EJ-Liddell-talks-about-his-recent-in-home-visits-and-his-impressive-spring-on-the-court-117910934

I can't argue with what you're saying.  Surely the Illinois fan who posted that information (out of context) had no ulterior motive for doing so!

Michael Moreno - SF, 6-6, 195 - Georgetown, KY (Scott County) - Twitter: @michaelmoreno30

Offers: SLU, Iowa, Ohio, Toledo, Bradley, Evansville, Northern Kentucky, IUPUI, Eastern Kentucky, Army, Canisius.

Interest: Xavier, Creighton, UNC, Louisville, Indiana, Purdue, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, Western Kentucky, Cornell, Winthrop, ETSU.

Latest News: Moreno picked up an offer from SLU. (5/7/18)

Scouting Report: Moreno does a little bit of everything: passing, shooting, scoring at the rim, rebounding, blocking shots, defending, and even handling the ball. He's tough, energetic, and highly competitive. He's aggressive off the dribble, scores on all three levels, and has a smooth stroke. He already has 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds as a junior for Scott County HS.

-I like this offer. We're getting in with an offer before some of the higher-level programs step in. He's had a great start to the AAU season with Indiana Elite (adidas Gauntlet), he is the star player on the best HS team in Kentucky (Scott County, which lost in the finals to Covington Catholic, ending its season 37-2), he's a fierce competitor, and a good student (already has a 28 ACT score). Versatile. And we're making more inroads in Kentucky with this. He's probably the second-best 2019 player in the state after Kyky Tandy, who we should also offer.

Bertram is the top 2019 recruit in Vermont!  This would have meant little 10 years ago but Vermont Academy is a top prep school  (Shittu was there best recruit this past year and he went to Vandy--note Vandy have also offered Bertram).  Bertram is a top 20 NE recruit for sure.  Symir Torrance (Guard, 2020) is also a great shooting Vermont Academy player for this year.

11 hours ago, slusam said:

SLU has offered Tyler Bertram from Vermont Academy according to Corey Evans.

Tyler Bertram - SG, 6-4, 160 - Cooperstown, NY (Vermont Academy, VT) - Twitter: @tbert23

Offers: SLU, Dayton, St. Joe's, St. Bonaventure, George Washington, George Mason, Fordham, Brown, Lehigh, Colgate, Iona, Siena, Hofstra, Manhattan, Marist, Binghamton, NJIT.

Interest: VCU, Davidson, La Salle, Villanova, Providence, Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Virginia, NC State, Georgia Tech, Pitt, Boston College, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, K-State, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, TCU, Kentucky, South Carolina, Alabama, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Georgia, Stanford, Washington, UConn, Cincinnati, Tulane, Loyola-Chicago, Columbia, Dartmouth, William & Mary, High Point, Vermont, Albany, Northeastern, Niagara.

Latest News: Bertram received an offer from SLU. (5/9/18)

Scouting Report: Bertram is an elite shooter and solid playmaker. He's developed into a good rebounder and defender, too. He's very good off the ball and crafty around the rim. He's a smart player who understands his skills and what he needs to work on, and has an extremely strong work ethic.

-He has offers from half the A10 and interest from the rest of the league. He's a top-notch shooter whose current stated goal is to establish himself as the top shooter in the adidas Gauntlet. He has a fearlessness about him despite his slim frame and currently unranked status, having put up 31 points (8 3-pointers) against Anfernee Simons in the Hoophall Classic. He seems to have his biggest games against the highest-profile players. Here's where we get into some stereotypes: He's literally a coach's son from Cooperstown, NY (he transferred to Vermont Academy before last season for higher-level competition), he's a smart player and good student (Ivy League offers and interest), and hard worker who's really self-aware about his abilities and limitations at this point. Very candid in interviews, too. I like the offer.

He says he wants to take his official visits in late summer and early fall and have his decision made before the HS season starts.

Tyler has a very nice looking shot.  I like this kid, his shot will translate to college. We see many of these videos where the kid has a good HS shooting percentage but you can easily see it won't play in college where you seldom get 10 feet of space to shoot wide open 3's. Tyler gets to his pocket quickly and his shot begins there not lower. He has more than enough range and it's exactly the same from right at the 3 point line to 5 feet behind. No extra push needed. From his pocket which is at the proper level he has a nice short quick repeatable stroke. Hard to tell if he can move laterally quick enough to play defense at a decent or high level in the A10 but he'll be able to shoot it and that's a skill SLU needs

Zink likes this

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Tyler Bertram - SG, 6-4, 160 - Cooperstown, NY (Vermont Academy, VT) - Twitter: @tbert23

Offers: SLU, Dayton, St. Joe's, St. Bonaventure, George Washington, George Mason, Fordham, Brown, Lehigh, Colgate, Iona, Siena, Hofstra, Manhattan, Marist, Binghamton, NJIT.

Apologies for incorrectly stating that Bertram had a Vandy offer (Pistol, as you all know, is the better source of information).  I can tell you more about Saxtons River though (Vermont Academy campus is very nice and Saxtons River has the kind of 4th of July celebration that is very cool and very unintentionally retro).   Pistol would have appreciated their brewpub but in a town of 685 even good places go out of business.

Last year Bertram and Torrance had to do a lot after Shittu got injured.  The team lost a lot of games without Shittu so I could see why there was less interest in Vermont Academy from bigger programs.

13 minutes ago, kwyjibo said:

Apologies for incorrectly stating that Bertram had a Vandy offer (Pistol, as you all know, is the better source of information).  I can tell you more about Saxtons River though (Vermont Academy campus is very nice and Saxtons River has the kind of 4th of July celebration that is very cool and very unintentionally retro).   Pistol would have appreciated their brewpub but in a town of 685 even good places go out of business.

Last year Bertram and Torrance had to do a lot after Shittu got injured.  The team lost a lot of games without Shittu so I could see why there was less interest in Vermont Academy from bigger programs.

Hold up, there's a guy named Shittu?

He might be enough to get me over the loss of Justyn Mutts.