Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

Loyola and Purdue visited him at school. Haven't heard about a visit but I've been saying the whole time he's waiting til after summer to decide. I would imagine its Coming soon but he might not do an official at slu bc he can go there whenever and might save them for the other schools. Could be wrong.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/26/2018 at 4:19 PM, Pistol said:

James Bishop - PG, 6-2, 180 - Baltimore, MD (Mount Saint Joseph) - Twitter: @RealJB10

Offers: SLU, VCU, Marquette, NC State, Virginia Tech, K-State, LSU, Temple, Tulsa.

Interest: Georgetown.

Latest News: Bishop received an offer from SLU after his performance for Team Thrill at the UA Association event in Dallas. (4/26/18)

Scouting Report: Bishop is a big-time scoring point guard with serious playmaking ability. He scores on all three levels and is an outstanding shooter. He plays with confidence and consistency, and his shot selection is solid even as he scores in high volumes. He's an excellent ball handler but could work on his strength and finishing with his off hand. Rankings: Rivals - 129, 247sports - 141.

-I'm sure he has more than Georgetown showing interest but that's all I've been able to confirm so far. Scoring-minded PG, can really fill it up from outside.

4 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Yuri had 11 points, 4 assists, no turnovers in a beagles win this am. 

His assist to turnover ratio has to be obscene right now. 

https://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/20979835?subseason=483962

In one of the games yesterday, he had 11 assists and turnovers. In the other game, he had 8 assists and 1 turnover in only 13 minutes.

10 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Upon video review, I have determined that this Roddy guy is the next Conklin.  But with better range.  He looks like a beast.

Roddy bio:

David Roddy - F, 6-6, 250 - Minneapolis, MN (Breck) - Twitter: @droddy22

Offers: SLU, Davidson, Richmond, Colorado State, Northern Iowa, Drake, Lehigh, North Dakota.

Interest: UMass, Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota.

Latest News: Roddy picked up an offer from SLU after his performance for Howard Pulley at the Nike EYBL event in Indianapolis. (4/30/18)

Scouting Report: Roddy is a big, athletic forward with D-I offers in football and basketball. He's incredibly versatile and so far this AAU season has led Howard Pulley in points, rebounds, assists, and steals. He's brawny and strong and considered an undersized post player by some, but he knows how to use his strength and body to get himself in the right positions to be productive. He can step it out and shoot from the perimeter, as well. His combination of size, strength, and guard/big skills is rare. He's a tenacious competitor who never takes a play off. He has said he's just enjoying the process and has not yet decided whether he'll play football (he's a QB) or basketball in college.

-You're not wrong with your brief scouting report. He's a really unusual prospect. He's a big-time HS football player, QB with a few lower-level D-I offers (North Dakota, South Dakota, UNI), but loads of Big Ten interest. He's borderline 6-5/6-6 and listed everywhere in the 245 to 250 lb. range. He's big and brawny but moves really well. He's got a pretty complete basketball skill set. He's a stat sheet filler in every category. He doesn't block as many shots in AAU as he does in HS competition, but he also can play bigger in HS and AAU forces him to do more from the wing. He's still making up his mind between football and basketball. It sounds like his dad wants him to play football and that his ceiling is higher there, but he is leaning toward basketball, and that may be a stronger lean after the past two weekends, when he went from 3 offers to 8 (and counting). If the right football program came along (like Minnesota) and offered a QB scholarship, he might go that route. Still not clear but he's intriguing as a prospect in either sport.

6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Roddy bio:

Offers: SLU, Davidson, Richmond, Colorado State, Northern Iowa, Drake, Lehigh, North Dakota.

Latest News: Roddy picked up an offer from SLU after his performance for Howard Pulley at the Nike EYBL event in Indianapolis. (4/30/18)

Scouting Report: Roddy is a big, athletic forward with D-I offers in football and basketball. He's incredibly versatile and so far this AAU season has led Howard Pulley in points, rebounds, assists, and steals. He's brawny and strong and considered an undersized post player by some, but he knows how to use his strength and body to get himself in the right positions to be productive. He can step it out and shoot from the perimeter, as well. His combination of size, strength, and guard/big skills is rare. He's a tenacious competitor who never takes a play off. He has said he's just enjoying the process and has not yet decided whether he'll play football (he's a QB) or basketball in college.

-You're not wrong with your brief scouting report. He's a really unusual prospect. He's a big-time HS football player, QB with a few lower-level D-I offers (North Dakota, South Dakota, UNI), but loads of Big Ten interest. He's borderline 6-5/6-6 and listed everywhere in the 245 to 250 lb. range. He's big and brawny but moves really well. He's got a pretty complete basketball skill set. He's a stat sheet filler in every category. He doesn't block as many shots in AAU as he does in HS competition, but he also can play bigger in HS and AAU forces him to do more from the wing. He's still making up his mind between football and basketball. It sounds like his dad wants him to play football and that his ceiling is higher there, but he is leaning toward basketball, and that may be a stronger lean after the past two weekends, when he went from 3 offers to 8 (and counting). If the right football program came along (like Minnesota) and offered a QB scholarship, he might go that route. Still not clear but he's intriguing as a prospect in either sport.

-as always, Thanks to Pistol, what's not to like in the Scouting Report?  I bolded the part that fits the CFord mold

-I am not a big fan of comparing kids to previous or other players as many times it seems unfair, but I will say reading this made me think of a taller Donnie Dobbs with range which would be nothing but good

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Roddy bio:

We need to get this guy on the phone with another former Minnesota Basketball/Football prospect that had a pretty successful career here. 

CBFan likes this