Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, thetorch said:

Road trips to Springfield, New England, and possibly Florida in the works.  

Florida trip in already finalized, and yes Springfield is in the works.  NE being Hall of Fame?

With this type of schedule they may be invited to the national tournament 

4 hours ago, wgstl said:

Florida trip in already finalized, and yes Springfield is in the works.  NE being Hall of Fame?

With this type of schedule they may be invited to the national tournament 

"National tournament"?  I've always been under the impression that the high school championship was poll based.

On 4/1/2017 at 1:29 PM, Quality Is Job 1 said:

"National tournament"?  I've always been under the impression that the high school championship was poll based.

I believe you also have to have some sort of known scheduling to back it up

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2017 at 1:22 PM, TheChosenOne said:

EJ Liddell interview with Scott Burgess (discusses SLU specifically beginning at 2:34 and unfortunately then it cuts off):

https://www.prephoops.com/2017/04/ej-liddell-video-3/

Finally got around to watching this.  Sounded like he was about to say he has a good relationship with Jordan Goodwin.  How is his relationship with Pickett if we are able to get him?

5 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Finally got around to watching this.  Sounded like he was about to say he has a good relationship with Jordan Goodwin.  How is his relationship with Pickett if we are able to get him?

I know, great time for the video to cut off....

11 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I like the fact that Liddell pointed out that SLU is a basketball school. That's obviously something most top players don't think about since they usually go to power 5 schools.

-I've not watched the video so not certain the context of 'SLU is a basketball school' but if anything other than we don't have football I'm not sure I could agree

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Rivals has updated the 2019 rankings, below are some names of note (mostly kids with area ties) and I think Pistol can do a better job of adding guys with interest from SLU:

-James Wiseman - #4 (5 star) - playing up with Brad Beal Elite and rumored to be transferring to the St. Louis area (visited SLUH/Chaminade/CBC/Webster Groves).

-Jeremiah Robinson-Earl - #17 (5 star) - plays high school ball at Bishop Miege in KC area

-Marcedus Leech - #27 (4 star) - playing up with Gateway last I read

-Francis Okoro - #31 (4 star) - playing up with Brad Beal Elite

-Kofi Cockburn - #36 (4 star) - playing up with NY Rens

-Mario McKinney - #64 (4 star) - plays with Brad Beal Elite (16s I assume)

-EJ Liddell - #90 (4 star) - plays with Brad Beal Elite (16s I assume)

-Roman Wilson - #95 (4 star) - playing up with MOKAN Elite, from Park Hill (MO)

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Looks like Rivals has updated the 2019 rankings, below are some names of note (mostly kids with area ties) and I think Pistol can do a better job of adding guys with interest from SLU:

-James Wiseman - #4 (5 star) - playing up with Brad Beal Elite and rumored to be transferring to the St. Louis area (visited SLUH/Chaminade/CBC/Webster Groves).

-Jeremiah Robinson-Earl - #17 (5 star) - plays high school ball at Bishop Miege in KC area

-Marcedus Leech - #27 (4 star) - playing up with Gateway last I read

-Francis Okoro - #31 (4 star) - playing up with Brad Beal Elite

-Kofi Cockburn - #36 (4 star) - playing up with NY Rens

-Mario McKinney - #64 (4 star) - plays with Brad Beal Elite (16s I assume)

-EJ Liddell - #90 (4 star) - plays with Brad Beal Elite (16s I assume)

-Roman Wilson - #95 (4 star) - playing up with MOKAN Elite, from Park Hill (MO)

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

Leech is the SE MO area player, right?  If so, I would love to see him follow Thatch to SLU.  That area has produced some outstanding basketball talent over the past years.

58 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

Yeah, that's what I'm going with too. More proof for GoryDaze that the Glory Days of Majerus are still relevant for this generation of high school kids.

Which makes what Majerus accomplished even more amazing. He didn't have photos/ highlights and results he could point to and say look come to SLU we can make this program matter on the national scene.