Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Why is that Leech is 4 votes 100% going to go to Kansas on 247 crystal ball? 

I think a few of the "experts" on there will pick a school like Kansas or Duke if they feel they are targeting them for top kids.  If you look at Gordon on 247, he was 100% for Kansas for awhile until a month or few weeks before he announced.  

Posted some updates in the Recruiting Lists by Class thread on the 2019 names. The across-the-board level of talent of our offers in this class is just unreal. How many of them we'll be involved with in a year or two, who knows, but wow. Basically all 4- and 5-star kids.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

If these is already a thread for this class I apologize.  I've seen mention of Stockard from Vashon, what about McKinney. He seems open.

Ford offered him weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we haven't offered this guy, but Frank just mentioned on his radio show that he heard James Wiseman from TN, who plays for the Eagles, will be moving to St. Louis to play for either SLUH, DeSmet, Chaminade or Webster Groves. Wiseman is ranked in the top 10 in the country for 2019 and already has offers from Duke and Kentucky, so I don't know if we would ave much of a chance.  

14 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like we haven't offered this guy, but Frank just mentioned on his radio show that he heard James Wiseman from TN, who plays for the Eagles, will be moving to St. Louis to play for either SLUH, DeSmet, Chaminade or Webster Groves. Wiseman is ranked in the top 10 in the country for 2019 and already has offers from Duke and Kentucky, so I don't know if we would ave much of a chance.  

-if the player goes to DeSmet our coach could watch the player an unlimited number of times as son is on the team , I trust this would work a whole lot better than the last time a SLU coach was said to be taking this approach 

-if the kid goes to WG, the Gordon could recruit the heck out of him every day

-if we get Davis from CCP, same there

-I don't know about the U High having a connection other than perhaps the biggest of them all.....he likes Being a Billiken 

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-if the player goes to DeSmet our coach could watch the player an unlimited number of times as son is on the team , I trust this would work a whole lot better than the last time a SLU coach was said to be taking this approach 

-if the kid goes to WG, the Gordon could recruit the heck out of him every day

-if we get Davis from CCP, same there

-I don't know about the U High having a connection other than perhaps the biggest of them all.....he likes Being a Billiken 

Clagget is the coach at the U High.

20 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

We didn't have a chance, but now he's entering our domain and we have favorable relationships with those programs...which gives us a very slim chance, but a chance nonetheless. Claggs at SLU, Gordon at WG, always a SLU offer or two at Chaminade. Even DeSmet, with we-shoulda-offered-Ahearn as head coach, has Ford's son on the roster. To my knowledge, even though Wiseman had played last year with the Eagles (now Bradley Beal Elite), we hadn't gotten involved. But if he's in town for the next couple years, there's no reason not to offer.

3 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Webster needs him most. only have 2 top ranked recruits so far.