Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

So you're telling me Tilmon is locked in after Groce gets the can? Or it's 50-50. Hehe

Ha. No way I'm speculating on incoming players; outgoing, we've been kicking around the same few names for months now. I'd bet the farm on one more outgoing transfer, and would expect to see another one or two on top of that.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Ha. No way I'm speculating on incoming players; outgoing, we've been kicking around the same few names for months now. I'd bet the farm on one more outgoing transfer, and would expect to see another one or two on top of that.

-wow, you are very confident, this will be interesting and to see how the staff fills it

I played basketball with a guy at the student rec center yesterday who in 4 games touched the ball on every possession but one and passed the ball a total of ONE time. He was super talented, but that only goes so far.

ML reminds me of that guy. Hope he can develop the weak areas of his game ie passing, teamwork, defense....

22 minutes ago, abas115 said:

I played basketball with a guy at the student rec center yesterday who in 4 games touched the ball on every possession but one and passed the ball a total of ONE time. He was super talented, but that only goes so far.

ML reminds me of that guy. Hope he can develop the weak areas of his game ie passing, teamwork, defense....

I'm guessing Leech is not like the guy you played with at the Rec

34 minutes ago, abas115 said:

You should tell that at parties 

53 minutes ago, abas115 said:

Leech is averaging 4 assist per game.  He isn't exactly a guy that always shoots when he has the ball.

I have seen his body and his defense question in this thread, too.  First, he is 15 years old and his body will fill out some from just naturally maturing.  Second, you can teach people how to play defense.  You can't teach people the natural skills Leech has.

13 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Leech's passing is fine. He's just allergic to rebounding and defense. But when you have the offensive and athletic tools he has, you're going to be given every opportunity to improve your weak areas. I just don't think it will be in high school. He's not being held accountable at Poplar Bluff.

That's really not uncommon for good high school players. Leech will be more than fine.

I think we still need to try get in on Leech's BBE teammate Francis Okoro.  Wiseman might be too much of stretch, but I have faith this staff could make Okoro a real possiblitiy.  I think many think he was probably leaning Illini, but everything with the Illini will be up in the air when Groce gets canned.  Plus, it doesn't require much extra effort to go after Okoro.  They will already be following BBE constantly in their pursuit of Leech.

16 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Sometimes its under coaches orders to ease up for some players who might play the entire game in High School if the competition isn't the toughest and they are tremendous scorers 

I highly doubt a coach doing this lasts for very long.

16 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I highly doubt a coach doing this lasts for very long.

Well actually it kind of makes sense. Sometimes in some leagues or conferences you have a player that can run the court and carry the team on his back. The coach has him play almost the entire game, has him ease on defense and not be as aggressive in order to avoid fouling out, which could change the tide of the game

3 hours ago, abas115 said:

LOL

3 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Well actually it kind of makes sense. Sometimes in some leagues or conferences you have a player that can run the court and carry the team on his back. The coach has him play almost the entire game, has him ease on defense and not be as aggressive in order to avoid fouling out, which could change the tide of the game

No. It doesn't. Not if a coach is any good and expects to stay around long.