Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Hargrove is a nice young player.  Fits the style of player Ford is going after. McKinney and Polk play nothing alike lol.  I expect McKinney to rack up offers playing with BBE this summer.  High motor player!

Always appreciate your posts Coach314 thank you.

Adding both new 2019 names to the offer list today. Leech is a kid I've been tracking for a while, given that he plays with BBE (Bradley Beal Elite, fka St. Louis Eagles). I'm actually wondering why we didn't offer sooner, to be honest. But hopefully the interest is mutual and we work this kid seriously now. He's a star.

I've also been hearing that Hargrove is the other 2019 name across the river along with Liddell that we need to be recruiting hard. Some think he's better than Liddell, too.

best thing about Hargrove is he is an honor student.    gotta love it when the kids have their priorities straight. 

8 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I've also been hearing that Hargrove is the other 2019 name across the river along with Liddell that we need to be recruiting hard. Some think he's better than Liddell, too.

Hargrove has more upside but Liddell is clearly the better player right now. Liddell has legit post moves, he's significantly stronger and his jumper is comparable. 

18 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

I think Hargrove will end up being better than Tilmon. Tilmon has better physical tools, but Hargrove gets after it.

You mean better basketball player, not better center right?  Isnt Hargrove like 6'6

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

You mean better basketball player, not better center right?  Isnt Hargrove like 6'6

Yes, better player. I always prefer having the better player, regardless of position. I know height comes into play matching up on defense, but if they are within a few inches I would put the better player on the court regardless of position.

One of the real benefits of locking in 2 2018 kids is it allows us to focus our recruiting on the 2019 and beyond classes. Yes, we all know we'll likely end up with another kid in the 2017 class and probably one more in the 2018 class, but we are so far ahead of the game as compared to normal that it's a real advantage over other schools still looking to fill out the 17 class.

14 minutes ago, kshoe said:

One of the real benefits of locking in 2 2018 kids is it allows us to focus our recruiting on the 2019 and beyond classes. Yes, we all know we'll likely end up with another kid in the 2017 class and probably one more in the 2018 class, but we are so far ahead of the game as compared to normal that it's a real advantage over other schools still looking to fill out the 17 class.

You really think we will add another 2017?

So I've talked to some players and the consensus is that they have really high hopes for the next few years. They know they are going to be really good next year, I wouldn't be surprised if players like Leech feel the same. Thatch might grow to a 4* after AAU leaving all of our current recruits  at least 4*. 

5 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

So I've talked to some players and the consensus is that they have really high hopes for the next few years. They know they are going to be really good next year, I wouldn't be surprised if players like Leech feel the same. Thatch might grow to a 4* after AAU leaving all of our current recruits  at least 4*. 

I would love to be really good next year. That sounds delightful 

On Friday, February 03, 2017 at 0:25 AM, SLU_Nick said:

Wowww.  Leach looks better than Tatum.  I wouldn't even know who to compare him to.  Darius Miles maybe?

Leech is an interesting player. His upside is off the charts - he's nearly 6'6, he's fast, he can jump to the moon, he's got seemingly unlimited range. But he plays no defense. He doesn't rebound. And he's really, really skinny. Until Leech puts on like 15 lbs and takes an interest in other parts of the game, he'll get you buckets and little else.

His five star ranking is based largely on potential. I think Leech will eventually live up to his ranking but he's not there yet.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Leech is an interesting player. His upside is off the charts - he's nearly 6'6, he's fast, he can jump to the moon, he's got seemingly unlimited range. But he plays no defense. He doesn't rebound. And he's really, really skinny. Until Leech puts on like 15 lbs and takes an interest in other parts of the game, he'll get you buckets and little else.

His five star ranking is based largely on potential. I think Leech will eventually live up to his ranking but he's not there yet.

-will be interesting to see if the kid finds the other parts of the game as he is intriguing 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:27 PM, gobillsgo said:

Names?

I think a lot of the speculation on this board so far has been fairly accurate. I can't say any names with 100% certainty.