Semi-OT: Larry Hughes on KWMU

bonwich

Well, that depends JMM. Our video is very allegorical, for example the umbrella is indicative of the rain of sh_t they sustained over the last two seasons, and Jolly's dancing represents our playing ability as a team over the last two seasons. Of course the dancing itself might be a celebration of Ford's arrival, and, from some of the dancer's points of view, perhaps a plea not to be cut off the team by the new coach. From these points of view and with these messages in mind, the video makes some sense. Does it not?

I'm wondering if you meant to put this in another thread. What does the players' challenge video have to do with the Hughes organ donation program?

Nice piece. I will never understand why, in this day and age, everyone isn't an organ donor. I can't see any real drawbacks - if you're dead you won't be using any of them anyways.

Reincarnation, bro. It would suck to come back without a friggin heart.

Reincarnation, bro. It would suck to come back without a friggin heart.

There's also that whole "resurrection of the body" thing. Some people take it a bit too literally.

Personally, I think everyone should be required to be an organ donor unless they opt out, as opposed to the other way around. Kind of like the old MoPIRG fee. ;)

There's also that whole "resurrection of the body" thing. Some people take it a bit too literally.

Personally, I think everyone should be required to be an organ donor unless they opt out, as opposed to the other way around. Kind of like the old MoPIRG fee. ;)

I think that following the example of Christ in helping your fellow man should be enough motivation.

Nice piece. I will never understand why, in this day and age, everyone isn't an organ donor. I can't see any real drawbacks - if you're dead you won't be using any of them anyways.

I agree organ donation is a good thing, but in my experience at preparing estate planning documents, which can include directives concerning organ donation, a fair number of people actually think that no one would have any use for their organs. I'll qualify that this was through a legal clinic for people 60 and over, but I was really surprised that so many people made that comment when asked.

I think that following the example of Christ in helping your fellow man should be enough motivation.

Yeah, good luck with that. The current wait time for a kidney is roughly 3 years.

Waiting list candidates as of today 12:04pm

All icon_denotesm.gif

Kidney

Pancreas

Kidney/Pancreas

Liver

Intestine

Heart

Lung

Heart/Lung