Our 2016-17 returnees

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I do not know about you, but I expect to see Hines playing in the coming season, and possibly also Psimitis, the new Greek walk on. I think they are going to need to get them into play.

Not to single you out - it feels like a number of people are forgetting how strange our rotations were the past couple of years. Quite a few teams hardly use their bench at all, and I'd say most use about 8 guys in a typical game. 

The conference championship teams basically played six guys plus <10 min for two more (manning/glaze). You can squeeze out extra minutes if it becomes absolutely necessary.

We we can make it through the year with  9 scholarship players plus Hines. Obviously it's not ideal due to the possibility of multiple injuries and foul trouble. I see next season as an opportunity for the wheat to separate itself from the chaff. The guys who step up will get big minutes to prep for next year. 

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Crawford could have just rolled an ankle for all we know.

Unfortunately, it sounds like his injury is more serious.  He's getting an MRI to learn the extent of the injury, but he may have a torn hamstring.  Hopefully, he gets some good news.  I was really looking forward to seeing him play this year.

• 1 month later...

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/two-who-stayed-at-slu-hope-for-better-times/article_675ee172-f07c-515b-a1f9-3b3da71b9d03.html

“It wasn’t a bad group,” Roby said. “We just weren’t clicking at certain points or weren’t doing things we specialized in, like Milik playing out of position or Miles playing shooting guard and point guard and not knowing what he was going to do. We never had defined roles. There were rotations playing 12 and 13 guys. It was the craziest thing ever.”

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/two-who-stayed-at-slu-hope-for-better-times/article_675ee172-f07c-515b-a1f9-3b3da71b9d03.html

“It wasn’t a bad group,” Roby said. “We just weren’t clicking at certain points or weren’t doing things we specialized in, like Milik playing out of position or Miles playing shooting guard and point guard and not knowing what he was going to do. We never had defined roles. There were rotations playing 12 and 13 guys. It was the craziest thing ever.”

-even the players knew there was no method to the madness, so glad we have a new staff, so glad

4 hours ago, slufan13 said:

I just read this article. Nice little reminder of just how awful the last 2 seasons were.