Current Player Transfer Rumors

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suffered with injuries freshman year and lost his spot for big time freshmen last year. Figured he could star more elsewhere. Started for a top 10 team 13 times last year. Watch his mix tape and get excited. Imagine Bess, DJ, and Henriquez practicing 1 year and ready to kick some ass in 2 years.

Suffered with injuries freshman year and lost his spot for big time freshmen last year. Figured he could star more elsewhere. Started for a top 10 team 13 times last year. Watch his mix tape and get excited. Imagine Bess, DJ, and Henriquez practicing 1 year and ready to kick some ass in 2 years.

Thanks. Presume he started most or all of his 13 games prior to the injuries and prior to being surpassed by the frosh.

Is Akron Division 1?

In case you aren't joking, yes they are. Actually have a pretty decent mid-major program. The problem they've had several times is winning their conference tournament.

Their coach's name was brought up on a few occasions by people here as a suggested option for Crews' replacement.

Akron is a B team in a C+ conference (Mid Am-east). They are equivalent to the B rated St. B Bonnies.

The Zips went to their 1st NCAA tourney in 1986 under Bob Huggins. Since then they have danced in 09, 11 & 13. In their most recent season, they were 6th seeded in the NIT where they lost to giant killer Monmouth.

The Zips are not a great team ...but a good team. Not bad enough to make fun of unless you want to make fun of their name and mascot...a difficult thing to do if you are a Billiken.

In case you aren't joking, yes they are. Actually have a pretty decent mid-major program. The problem they've had several times is winning their conference tournament.

Their coach's name was brought up on a few occasions by people here as a suggested option for Crews' replacement.

I was one of those people. What Dambrot has done at Akron is pretty amazing. He has took a program that was really a joke for most of its history and made it a tourney contender basically every season.

RU --- there are no restrictions to where a kid can transfer that I know of in the NCAA. There are some leagues that have stipulations ---- where is a kid transfers from one ACC school to another or one SEC to another where they might lose a second year. That I've heard of.Most kids follow coaches which could be an argument for Foreman coming here, Tevin Mack going from VCU to Texas, Terry Larrier to Uconn (where he had a previous connection with a coach) and so on. So if Tyree Griffen was really a Ford lover, sure, he could do it. The issue becomes available scholarships ----- you only have 13 and redshirts and transfers count to that total.

RU --- there are no restrictions to where a kid can transfer that I know of in the NCAA. There are some leagues that have stipulations ---- where is a kid transfers from one ACC school to another or one SEC to another where they might lose a second year. That I've heard of.Most kids follow coaches which could be an argument for Foreman coming here, Tevin Mack going from VCU to Texas, Terry Larrier to Uconn (where he had a previous connection with a coach) and so on. So if Tyree Griffen was really a Ford lover, sure, he could do it. The issue becomes available scholarships ----- you only have 13 and redshirts and transfers count to that total.

I think Travis can find a few more spots to open up in order to land Bess and Griifen.