Current Player Transfer Rumors

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The college game is a guard's game .... the first thing Ford does is get a real point guard ...... then get another. McCall/Jett. Mitchell/McCall/Jett. Jett/McCall/McBroom. Bishop ain't no point guard and he's too short to be a shooting guard with any consistency. He is the best we have but it ain't hard to rise and shine when the next level is rock bottom. Go back to the preseason article --- where Crews has either an abundance of point guards or none. We know the answer now and if you don't believe that --- back-to-back 11 wins seasons should tell you all you need to know. The last real point guard recruited to thsi school just posted a 30 win season--- for Valpo.

I like how he gives a little clap afterwards as if to say, "dang, almost had it."

Saw you do the hand clap at the bar last night when that one got away

I am really hoping for both the sake of the program, and the interests of the players that they leave with their academics in order. From the Milik thread, it seems that some think he is withdrawing mid-semester, meaning he probably isn't "on-track" by NCAA standards.

Anyone hearing things about this particular concern?

I like how he gives a little clap afterwards as if to say, "dang, almost had it."

Does anyone have the gif of him jacking the 3 and doing the Curry pull back and backpedal only his shot was two feet to the right? That was classic. So was his missed breakaway dunk his freshman year.

If DR leaves, i'll be bummed. I think he could be a nice player in Ford's system.

Assuming DR and MR join MY, here's our roster:

PG: JB, AH

SG: MC, MB

SF: ZM,

PF: RA, BJ

C: AG, EW, MN

Yikes. Hope Ford really does hit the ground running. Regardless, next year could be even uglier than this year.

As long as we bring in some guys we know will contribute and see flashes of what will be, i will be excited no matter what. I'm also looking forward to see what Welmer can do. I also hope Neufeld develops this summer and Reggie keeps improving.

OK guys let's analyze the situation as it is profiling itself: We have lost Milik, and like it or not he does have a lot of talent which will go elsewhere. We are going to lose another two sophomores it looks like, let's assume for a second these are Davell and Miles. Despite their shortcomings I liked them both. I think Davell would be very good under a different coach but we may not get to see this either. Ash will graduate and be gone.

So far so good. We have a few decent people left. Reggie is good but needs support he cannot carry the game by himself. Bishop is reasonable although he is small and skinny. And there the count ends. We have what you could call two walking wounded. Crawford and Bartley, both played many games and gave SLU all they had with (quite likely a good deal of pain). I do not think either can be expected to be 100% next season. I do not know how much they will be able to contribute and think it will depend upon the status of their chronic problems.

Then we have a whole bunch of marginal players. Hines tries hard but really does not make it consistently. Gillman has been out most of this year with a broken foot, even if ti fully mends and he is fully functional, he needs a lot of work and training before becoming a significant factor (in my opinion). I know nothing about Welmer, never saw him play as he was sidelined again with a broken foot. What can we expect out of him?, he has not played D1 yet. Jolly is Jolly, there may be something in him that has not been shown as yet, but I would not take a bet on this. Neufeld may improve but I doubt he is ready to pull his weight for next year. Zeke Moore is coming in as a freshman, he is supposed to be a decent shooter but has not played D1 yet.

I do not know if you will agree with me or not but this is looking pretty bad to me.

All I can really say is that if Coach Ford is really capable to recruit talent in short notice, he will have his work cut out for him. I hope he, and his assistants, whoever they may be, will be good training this bunch. It looks like it will be an acid test for the new coaching staff. We will have ample opportunity to see exactly how good they are by what we do next season. Talking about a rebuilding year... This will be a seriously tough one, or so it seems to me.

all i've seen of second and third ex-soph transferring is a thread here saying such with no explanation and none of us asking for any. am i missing a tweet or stu bulletin?

it is my hope that the 3 guards stay. I think they all have talent and replacing that many even if we had RM is a tall task at this juncture. MY had a variety of issues which had made him transfer fodder for at least a year but the 3 guards don't seem to have any reasons to bolt. can't imagine they had super attachment to JC. they now have a younger new ex guard coach with former players in the NBA. Not saying even a chance of that happening any of these 3 but the chances of getting to Aussie,Spanish, or other pro leagues would seem a lot better now. + where would they be off to that's a better scene for them? They certainly ain't enhanced their desirability in the last 2 years, so doesn't seem like there'd be much interest from any better program.

Call me crazy but I still think Miles if he'd been given the reigns after that Herculaneum comeback game freshman year, under a good coach he'd end up all A-10 by senior year. He seems like the type player Ford would love. I've been Ford hater since he ditched the big house up river ran of to UK. always reminded me of ollie north. Illusion of reprieve be damned I'm psyched now. He's got 2? picks for this year, land a Marcus Smart or two and we can be right back in the picture this year. I surely hope and assume also that RA MC and JB are staying.

I'm not trashing religious sentiments but this attitude isn't something I want on my basketball team. I want people who will go out and make ###### happen not sit back and pray on it

I'm not trashing your opinion but not everything you think has to be posted. And I don't give a about religion. Bizarre post hyper-analyzing a tweet

DR, MY, and MR appear to all be in Memphis right now. They are all fairly close for what it is worth. Could just be reading between the lines.

Is Roby from Memphis? They could just want to get away from the madness and think about their futures. It is a transition for all players They don't know how they will fit into Ford's plans. It would be prudent for them to consider their options at this point.

Is Roby from Memphis? They could just want to get away from the madness and think about their futures. It is a transition for all players. They don't know how they will fit into Ford's plans. It would be prudent for them to consider their options at this point.

I know Ford is down at the final four this weekend, but if I were sticking around, I'd be in the gym all weekend preparing to show Ford my best as soon as he gets back.

For some reason I cannot imagine this group taking that mentality

If DR leaves, i'll be bummed. I think he could be a nice player in Ford's system.

Assuming DR and MR join MY, here's our roster:

SG: MC, MB

SF: ZM,

PF: RA, BJ

C: AG, EW, MN

Yikes. Hope Ford really does hit the ground running. Regardless, next year could be even uglier than this year.

I think it is more like this:

SG: MB

SF: MC, ZM

PF: BJ, EW

C: RA, AG, MN

And honestly, I think this will be fine. We at least have two point guards for next year. This team would be very reliant on the 3. If EW comes out healthy, we could have 4 players on the court who can shoot pretty well. We will struggle rebounding. Have to focus on turnovers. After losing MY, losing DR and MR might be a net positive for turnovers.

I think it is hard to lose DR though. He was possibly my favorite player.