Whitt from Arkansas leaving

slu72

He's from Columbia, MO. Wouldn't leaving UA make him ineligible for transferring to Mizzery, both SEC schools? Could he be a target for Ford? As I recall, he was pretty heavily recruited out of HS but had strong personal ties w/Anderson that led him to UA. Any thoughts about him?

Mike Anderson has a history of restricting his players from transferring to any school in MO. Rotnei Clarke is the prime example. He wanted to transfer to SLU, but Anderson made his release conditional on him not transferring to any school in MO.

Mike Anderson has a history of restricting his players from transferring to any school in MO. Rotnei Clarke is the prime example. He wanted to transfer to SLU, but Anderson made his release conditional on him not transferring to any school in MO.

Maybe he stopped being a douchee

I just thought I'd read or heard somewhere that most scholies prohibited a transferring player from moving to a team in the same conference. May be totally off base. More important, though, is this a guy Ford should pursue? He'd at least be playing close to his family. Wasn't he a 4 star?

1) He's not coming here

2) Anderson is his godfather, I dont see him being a complete tool when it comes to restrictions.

3) His only restrictions are SEC schools, thats it, see #2

1) He's not coming here

2) Anderson is his godfather, I dont see him being a complete tool when it comes to restrictions.

3) His only restrictions are SEC schools, thats it, see #2

Not a chance even w/ Ford? Why not?

Not a chance even w/ Ford? Why not?

I should have said I dont think he'll come here.

He has a lot of personal connections with other programs that were in his final 4. I think he goes to Cal or Illinois.

He has a lot of personal connections with other programs that were in his final 4. I think he goes to Cal or Illinois.

if he goes to Cal or Illinois, he could be playing for yet another new coach after a year.

I'm not saying he's coming here, but our situation is so much different from when he was recruited by SLU. Ford makes it a whole new ball game. You have to wonder about this kid however, if he is transferring from the school coached by his godfather. There must be a story behind the story.

I'm not saying he's coming here, but our situation is so much different from when he was recruited by SLU. Ford makes it a whole new ball game. You have to wonder about this kid however, if he is transferring from the school coached by his godfather. There must be a story behind the story.

Especially when you get tons of PT as a freshman

I just thought I'd read or heard somewhere that most scholies prohibited a transferring player from moving to a team in the same conference. May be totally off base. More important, though, is this a guy Ford should pursue? He'd at least be playing close to his family. Wasn't he a 4 star?

Here is the rule:

A student-athlete who transfers from one SEC institution to another SEC institution must automatically serve a one-year residence requirement prior to being eligible for competition at the second SEC institution. In addition, the student-athlete will be charged with one year of eligibility in all SEC sports. The SEC institution to which the student-athlete transfers shall not offer, provide or arrange for the student-athlete to receive any athletically-related financial aid during the time the student-athlete is serving the year in residence.

It looks like you loose a year of eligibility.

Especially when you get tons of PT as a freshman

Arkansas has commitments from the top rated JUCO point guard and shooting guard (in addition to returning guys like Beard and Hannahs), so maybe he thought his minutes might be in question going forward. On paper he looked like a really good fit for Mike Anderson with his length and versatility, but it didn't appear to play out that way when I saw Arkansas play. It looked like he lost confidence in his shot and became purely a slasher and wasn't the presence defensively I expected. I heard his transfer came as a surprise to the coaching staff as he had just met with Mike Anderson and didn't say anything about considering a transfer.

Whitt would definitely be a kid I would be excited to see SLU get involved with.

Here is the rule:

A student-athlete who transfers from one SEC institution to another SEC institution must automatically serve a one-year residence requirement prior to being eligible for competition at the second SEC institution. In addition, the student-athlete will be charged with one year of eligibility in all SEC sports. The SEC institution to which the student-athlete transfers shall not offer, provide or arrange for the student-athlete to receive any athletically-related financial aid during the time the student-athlete is serving the year in residence.

It looks like you loose a year of eligibility.

Well, that's no different than the standard rule for transfers. Looks like Mizzery would be in play for him, and may have the inside track.

He would lose a year of eligibility so yes it is different

Got it. Nice catch. So, who knows. Little surprised he'd leave his Godfather, but maybe he was afraid of the competition coming to UA. He wouldn't face that issue at SLU, at least for now. Honestly, I have no idea if he'd be a good fit or a Cameron Beidscheid type, but seem to recall he was highly recruited.

A history of or a one time example?

That's not uncommon for instate schools when there are only a few.