Milik is gone

thetorch

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MY has a ton of talent, and it is a shame it didn't work for him at SLU. But for a kid who had his academic struggles in high school, as well as some struggles on the court this year, it isn't entirely surprising to see him look for a better personal opportunity. Best wishes MY!

I'll put it this way I don't have a problem with all three leaving

I don't really have a problem with the entire sophomore class being gone. There are a couple of guys who might be able to play, we'll see what transpires.

The only one I'm truly pulling for to be gone is Jolly, but he will have to be run off. Yarbrough may have left at least partially of his own accord.

Whew! Thank goodness some on this board can renew their tickets since the 20 year old is leaving!

Milik has a daddy, you don't need to fill the role. He's a grown man who made a grown man decision. I won't miss the 1-on-3 transition drives to the basket, but I wish him well.

I don't lament the loss of Milik at all.

He's number 1 for a reason. It was all about him. Terrible teammate. You could see that from the stands.

Crews and his staff get a ton of blame for his lack of development but Milik was never in shape and never knew our offensive or defensive schemes.

Everyone on the roster can and should be recruited over.

Before people start sending all these players on the road just remember that we need to still put a team on the court. If you lose 6 players that will leave us 7 counting Hines and Moore if my count is correct. At this point a couple or 3 would be OK but anymore and we will have trouble all next year. I figure Ford can pick up at least 1 maybe 2 players of some quality for next year but anymore would be hard for him to fill the void. I would rather he bank a schollie or 2 if necessary for when he really starts recruiting for 2017. MY was leaving anyway - he had made up his mind before Crews was fired - I wish him luck. MR was distant today at the press conference - he sat with AY in the stands and not with his team in the chairs. He also did not have any school clothing on like the other kids did. Not sure what his thoughts are.

Before people start sending all these players on the road just remember that we need to still put a team on the court. If you lose 6 players that will leave us 7 counting Hines and Moore if my count is correct. At this point a couple or 3 would be OK but anymore and we will have trouble all next year. I figure Ford can pick up at least 1 maybe 2 players of some quality for next year but anymore would be hard for him to fill the void. I would rather he bank a schollie or 2 if necessary for when he really starts recruiting for 2017. MY was leaving anyway - he had made up his mind before Crews was fired - I wish him luck. MR was distant today at the press conference - he sat with AY in the stands and not with his team in the chairs. He also did not have any school clothing on like the other kids did. Not sure what his thoughts are.

Ford is going to have players here by November.

Two possible graduate transfers from his OSU roster?

Just a feeling, but if he wants to finish outside of the bottom barrel, he needs multiple players by November. This conjecture that the roster will remain the same seems unlikely to me.

It makes me a bit sad to see Milik leave. Not that I expected great things from him for the remainder of his career, but I remember thinking in late December or early January of his freshman year that as long as he stayed out of trouble and focused on school enough he would score a lot of points at SLU. Unfortunately, things mind of went downhill from there and he never really developed as a player.

I wish him the best. I really wouldn't be surprised if he does well elsewhere.

Just a feeling, but if he wants to finish outside of the bottom barrel, he needs multiple players by November. This conjecture that the roster will remain the same seems unlikely to me.

My point was that he would have trouble trying to replace 6 players with quality. Heck any coach would.

I'm a bit embarrassed at the "good riddance" stance some are taking about his deciding to leave

This is a young man who just made what I am sure was a very tough decision and a decision I am sure he never envisioned having to make when he signed on to play here

All the best Milik!

We will be pulling for you wherever you end up