What happened??

The Wiz

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no deal when Stu posted it as fact yesterday. He just made it up. The deal was negotiated today and announced as soon as it was done.

Honesty time: how do you feel about the ford hiring.

Also, do you know if Drew officially said no or was something else at play here?

Honesty time: how do you feel about the ford hiring.

Also, do you know if Drew officially said no or was something else at play here?

I must say that Ford was extremely impressive in interviews. His references were excellent from some of the most highly respected folks in college bb. He is known as a tireless recruiter and this year in the top RPI conference he had a team decimated by injuries, particularly his star senior point guard--great shooter and scorer and leader on the court. But even then his team beat Kansas. I am very excited by this hire but I also know that we need to be a bit patient. I am confident he will do a good job. No one can know how good until we see how he recruits to SLU and see the team on the court. He is still only 46 and he has a lot of energy. I hope everyone gives him a chance.

I must say that Ford was extremely impressive in interviews. His references were excellent from some of the most highly respected folks in college bb. He is known as a tireless recruiter and this year in the top RPI conference he had a team decimated by injuries, particularly his star senior point guard--great shooter and scorer and leader on the court. But even then his team beat Kansas. I am very excited by this hire but I also know that we need to be a bit patient. I am confident he will do a good job. No one can know how good until we see how he recruits to SLU and see the team on the court. He is still only 46 and he has a lot of energy. I hope everyone gives him a chance.

+1

Travis Ford is great for us. He is 46. He has coached and recruited teams that have beaten most of the Big 12 teams a number of times.

He has beaten Kansas home and away. He had a successful three years in the A 10 check out the attendance at UMass before and after.

Who has Drew beaten to get everyone all stirred up?

This is a successful Kentucky player.

If we don't win the A10 in two years remind me about your whining.

He would not have been my first choice, but I will support him.

As a fan we don't have much other choice. I guess we hope that after 46 years he can all the sudden develop game prep and in game coaching skills. I think the verdict is in 1-6 is a pretty good indicator and that's with 3 McDonald's all Americans including the player that ran into the stands to attack an opposing team fan.

Travis Ford is great for us. He is 46. He has coached and recruited teams that have beaten most of the Big 12 teams a number of times.

He has beaten Kansas home and away. He had a successful three years in the A 10 check out the attendance at UMass before and after.

Who has Drew beaten to get everyone all stirred up?

This is a successful Kentucky player.

If we don't win the A10 in two years remind me about your whining.

Travis Ford was 17 games under .500 in the Big 12.

There was no deal when Stu posted it as fact yesterday. He just made it up. The deal was negotiated today and announced as soon as it was done.

Seriously? I guess may, chaifetz and Dr Fred read what stu wrote last night and said late last night and someone said, "heck why not. Anyone know his phone number?"

THE THING I DISLIKE THE MOST ABOUT TRAVIS FORD IS HE PLAYED AT MISSOURI! JK HAHA OH WELL LETS GO BILLS ILL STILL BUY TICKETS , HOPEFULLY THE SMOKE ALARMS DONT GO OFF THE FIRST GAME AGAIN , THAT WAS JUST A BAD OMEN FROM THE BEGGING

THE THING I DISLIKE THE MOST ABOUT TRAVIS FORD IS HE PLAYED AT MISSOURI! JK HAHA OH WELL LETS GO BILLS ILL STILL BUY TICKETS , HOPEFULLY THE SMOKE ALARMS DONT GO OFF THE FIRST GAME AGAIN , THAT WAS JUST A BAD OMEN FROM THE BEGGING

Yeah, but he got the hell out of Columbia after a year

Seems the dust has settled enough and it is time to turn over the final piece of the puzzle to see "what happened" This is a compilation from assorted sources

Timeline....

Jan-Feb 2016....Coaching search gets underway,,,,Names come and go...wish lists are developed.

Mar 10...SLU loses to GW in A-10 tourney...Crews is fired...Seach cranks up a notch

Mar 8-20.....Stallings and Drew emerge as front runners .... Stallings interest is lukewarm...Drew is busy with NIT...negotiates with 3rd party....Other candidates start to interview including Ford

Mar 21......Dixson leaves Pitt to go to TCU...the lukewarm interest from Stallings starts to fade.

Mar 25....Stallings takes job at Pitt....Brian Gregory is fired from GT....Openings now at Vandy and GT...Both go after Drew....Drew's interest in SLU starts to fade

Weekend of Mar 25-27....With Stallings gone and Drew fading fast ...The Bills call Ford for a 2nd interview.....Other candidate interviews ongoing

Mar 29...Ford accepts coaching job at SLU

Mar 31...Ford officially becomes SLU's new Head Coach

Of course there is still more to the puzzle...Drew is still trying to decide between Vandy, GTech and Valpo . This will be decided fairly quickly ... but this really doesn't matter to us because..............

We already have a coach and are back on the upswing...Go Bills