Welcome To Billiken Nation, Travis Ford!

aj_arete

At least they won't raise season ticket prices now, right?

I wouldn't go there as we have not seen what SLU will be paying Ford yet. Seems like he was making a lot more jack at OSU than Crews was here at SLU.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the direction I had hoped we'd go but if it's done so be it. Good luck to coach Ford.

I am a bit concerned about his conference record at his last stop but I do like the fact that he has multiple NCAA appearances and has gotten there from two different schools, he did fairly well at his last A10 job including a conference championship, and is a good recruiter.

I guess this is why Frank Cusamano was gushing about Ford on the Glover show yesterday. I don't know if Drew was a sexy hire for the non-Billiken obsessed public but Ford isn't either. Hopefully he can recruit.......

He can recruit. But he can't coach. His in-game coaching is objectively poor.

This is a baffling hire. We may look like a program on the rebound for a little while - assuming he can recruit here, and I think he can - but we will get frustrated when he squanders talent and fails to get us anywhere.

Prove me wrong, Coach Ford!

JMM28 likes this

Some thoughts:

1. Drew is a loser. We did not want him anyway. Hope he stays 10 minutes from Gary, Indiana where he belongs. Martin Luther was overrated too. If only the Inquisition was more successful...

2. Ford is going to be great. He is exactly what we needed with the incoming Junior class. He will recruit well.

3. Drew is a loser.

4. This is confirmation that May and SLU do not read this forum as I had thought. I stand corrected. It may be a good thing though. What do we know really?

5. Drew is a loser.

To recap:

• SLU unofficially fires Jim Crews 7-10 days before season
  • SLU actually fires Jim Crews 3 minutes after season is over
  • SLU says it wants a head coach with a high level of success
  • SLU hires a "search firm"
  • SLU waits 18 days
  • SLU hires a coach that is roundly disliked and was just fired from his last job.

Good job. Good effort.

Some thoughts:

1. Drew is a loser. We did not want him anyway. Hope he stays 10 minutes from Gary, Indiana where he belongs. Martin Luther was overrated too. If only the Inquisition was more successful...

2. Ford is going to be great. He is exactly what we needed with the incoming Junior class. He will recruit well.

3. Drew is a loser.

4. This is confirmation that May and SLU do not read this forum as I had thought. I stand corrected. It may be a good thing thought. What do we know really?

5. Drew is a loser.

Drew is a tool

I can't come up with one expert who thinks Travis Ford is a good coach. Yet you look at his record at all three stops and there's been success. What am I missing?

http://verbalcommits.com/schools/oklahoma-state

He did have a OSU commit from a Sudanese Big Man in FL that just "reopened" his recruiting after Ford was fired. Garjok Gak.

Also maybe he can bring a transfer has a 3Star Fr out of IN.

maybe he can show up with some players. I'm still not real enthused. Leon would've been nice.