OT - USMNT Soccer - WTF

Does Jurgen K need to go if we lose?

I don't know what to think. Our defense keeps making the same mistakes over and over. It doesn't matter who is playing. We just seem unaware of the game around us. Offensively, until we develop players that have the on ball ability to possess the ball much better than what we have now, we won't be a team that can control the game against the best in the world. It won't change in the short term. However, we should be able to work hard and play better than we have been.

Absolutely. If we lose tonight, we'd be basically out of the World Cup. Honestly, even a draw has dire consequences.

I'd fire him regardless of the results today (Olympic qualifying happens tonight as well). We look worse than I can ever remember, and that includes '98, and have had a historically bad recent run of results.

Absolutely. If we lose tonight, we'd be basically out of the World Cup. Honestly, even a draw has dire consequences.

I'd fire him regardless of the results today (Olympic qualifying happens tonight as well). We look worse than I can ever remember, and that includes '98, and have had a historically bad recent run of results.

I have both games set to record. The under 23 though really doesn't look any better. We just can't control or possess the ball. Our 1st touch is horrible which in turn makes the game just a mad scramble to recover

To me, he's lost the team. His odd player selections and variable selection criteria, consistently playing guys out of position, alienating players by never accepting blame, belittling of the domestic league, ridiculous fitness regiment so close to key games have all contributed to one big clusterf*ck.

I have both games set to record. The under 23 though really doesn't look any better. We just can't control or possess the ball. Our 1st touch is horrible which in turn makes the game just a mad scramble to recover

And part of that is down to player selection and out-dated tactics- the same issue we see with the full team. We're playing guys out of position and generally relying on a "kick to a fast guys up top" style that no one plays anymore. So frustrating, especially since this age group has the players to play a reasonably attractive style. We got a good result in the first leg, I just hope we don't adopt the same bunker-and-pray strategy that we used in Barranquilla.

To me, he's lost the team. His odd player selections and variable selection criteria, consistently playing guys out of position, alienating players by never accepting blame, belittling of the domestic league, ridiculous fitness regiment so close to key games have all contributed to one big clusterf*ck.

You're dead on

Nailed it

Pretty good starting lineup by JK given all the injuries (and his own poor roster selection) and good effort by the USMNT in the first half.

True. Only one guy quasi out of position (Wood on the wing). Looking much better tonight.