Don't sleep on 'unhateable' Billikens

This is the dumbest of all time. We won the play in game. We will not even make it to the semifinals of our conference tournament. We're a team with coaching and we need to regroup in the offseason with a whole new coaching staff and a BOMB juco pickup or 3. The end.

This is the dumbest ###### of all time. We won the play in game. We will not even make it to the semifinals of our conference tournament. We're a ###### team with ###### coaching and we need to regroup in the offseason with a whole new coaching staff and a BOMB juco pickup or 3. The end.

Jimbo is on point.

I will add that if Bartley is truly coming off this injury and develops a respectable three-bomb, along with Bishop and Moore, and with Agbeko/Crawford playing a driving game, we could be respectable and competitive if we land a PG(ball distribution guy) and a tall rebounder to work with Reggie.

The staff is the worst staff I've ever seen on any team. They are just miserable. Can them, get them out of here. This team will never be competitive in a larger sense with Crews at the helm. When was the last time Dayton played in a play-in-game?

Good article if written last year. After two years, you can't sell people on the "potential" and "upside" points anymore. Potential and upside mean you haven't done it yet. And I think we all realize it's going to take a new coach if we even want to have a chance of this "potential" and "upside".

I agree with the premise of not hating the players, some of them have moments of enjoyable play. However, it is clear that major change is needed, and that frustrating play is far too prevalent. The mirage of upside is much harder to see for the sophomore class, though I agree JB shows promise and should be a good 4 year player. The group might be "unhateable" in the words of the author, but this roster and coaching is incredibly frustrating.

I'm higher than most on this board regarding the talent level of the players. Yet I don't think we have a player on the roster that NBA types would say have "upside". Actually, I know we don't. If Milik became all we thought he could be, he doesn't have NBA upside.

I may be considered a naysayer, a better definition would be a frustrated SLU alumnus and Billiken fan, but I agree with almost everything this guy said, almost everything, not quite 100%, but the vast majority of it.

One point, the 2000 team, even though a #9 seed in the C-USA Tournament, was not chopped liver. C-USA was a rugged league, better than this A10.

We can and should be rooting for SLU Wins in Brooklyn. The inevitable happening is statisticallly probable. If a miracle happens, against all odds, I'll certainly be willing to accept the miracle.

We'll know soon enough.

I'm higher than most on this board regarding the talent level of the players. Yet I don't think we have a player on the roster that NBA types would say have "upside". Actually, I know we don't. If Milik became all we thought he could be, he doesn't have NBA upside.

You just never know who is going to make it in the NBA.

I think there is some talent on this existing SLU team, maybe not NBA talent. But I'll say this, going 7-8 on 3 pointers in an elimination game, irrespective of how bad the opponent was, is mighty impressive, and I'm sure someone important is aware of that, especially given it occurred at the Barclays Center, the NBA arena in New York City, home of the NBA office and media capitol of the world.

Who would have thought a Steph Curry from Davidson College, then in the low mid-major at best, some would say low con, Southern Conference would become an All World NBA star with the whole world as his oyster, and mega-stars like Beyonce and Prince sitting courtside in Oakland at his games?

By the way, did anyone see that past half court shot that Steph Curry made last night? I was watching at a SF establishment at dinner with Ms. BAB, and exclaimed, "He did it again!" The Warriors, the Dubs are 57-6, simply amazing. The Dubs need to go 16-3 to break the Chicago Bulls' record.

Any time someone points to the "talent" (I don't see it) in the sophomore class, I have to remind them how ridiculously far behind the Jett/Evans/etc class that they are. Even as sophomores, they are lightyears behind them. If we want to make the NCAA Tournament, it will require a complete revamping of the coaching staff and roster.

Any time someone points to the "talent" (I don't see it) in the sophomore class, I have to remind them how ridiculously far behind the Jett/Evans/etc class that they are. Even as sophomores, they are lightyears behind them. If we want to make the NCAA Tournament, it will require a complete revamping of the coaching staff and roster.

The '12 Billikens, those then Sophs, were playing with a Senior point guard by the name of Kwamain Mitchell ...

Holy Cross was a 1-2000 longshot to win the Patriot League tournament...and they did.

Here are my keys to victory today:

1) Crews wears a sweater. Preferably the same sweater from last night.

2) Bartley scores 40+ points.

3) No Jolly.

4) Prevent GW from outscoring us.

you guys are missing the best lines of the whole thing:

"Could there be another miracle in New York in 2016?

Common sense would tell you (maybe even scream at you): NO!

And yet, I'm hopeful." (?!?!?!?)

Hopeful of what, he never says. He should be institutionalized. with 24/7 supervision, if he is hopeful for us to win this tournament.

2nd place: He prefaced that with this: "the Billikens have advanced and even allowed some to dream of another "Memphis Miracle".

Who are these "some" dreamers, I'd like to know. I guess the other guys on the ward. Funny stuff...

3rd place honorable mention: "underclassmen bursting with what the NBA types call "upside"."

Honestly I have no idea what he's talking about here. I've been here 18 years and during that time we have featured precisely one player with very marginal NBA "upside." Perhaps I'm reading impaired.

i assume we will be completely out of the game by halftime, roughly 2 hours from now, so much for the "Brooklyn Miracle."

ps: has any team, ever, on earth, won 5 games in 5 days to win a Division I tournament? serious question ...

ps: has any team, ever, on earth, won 5 games in 5 days to win a Division I tournament? serious question ...

This came up in my section at the St. Bona game. UConn did it in the Big East a few years back. Especially amazing since several of the teams were nationally ranked. That may be the only time in the history of ever.

Holy Cross was a 1-2000 longshot to win the Patriot League tournament...and they did.

Here are my keys to victory today:

1) Crews wears a sweater. Preferably the same sweater from last night.

2) Bartley scores 40+ points.

3) No Jolly.

4) Prevent GW from outscoring us.

I know well a veteran Jesuit priest at Holy Cross, who played college hoops himself for Holy Cross in the early '50's, including against SLU, both at the Boston Garden (where the HC home game was played) and at Kiel Auditorium. He must be on Cloud 9 today.

He served on the SLU BOT during Fr. Biondi's time. He calls me Mr. Billiken. When I told him about a famous Coach Majerus anecdote and showed him the accompanying editorial cartoon from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, which my Mom had sent me, he said, "_____, you thought you were hiring a basketball coach, you didn't know you were hiring a theologian." In addition, he has assured me he will have a seat for me at Holy Cross for the first SLU vs. Holy Cross Big East (yes Big East) game.

Holy Cross actually turned down an offer to join the original Big East.

Holy Cross is 14-19. Even in the Patriot League, Holy Cross winning that Tournament shows that anything is possible. As long as you are still playing, you are still playing.