A-10 Sat. 3-5

Duquesne gets a road win over the Joeys, 78-70. VCU is the one seed and I think this puts the Bonnies at the 4. Fordham ends the season strong with a 64-61 win over UMass. Geedub falls to the Wildkittens of Davidson, 87-80. Guess that means we're a definite for a 1st day PIG.

Fordham beat Rhode Island. We cannot move to the 10 now. The Joeys and Phil choked down the stretch. Phil's usual. Until we have results tonight -- who knows at this point. But it is a PIG.

S-L-U = P-I-G, 2 years in a row.

Unacceptable.

No excuses.

Watching Indiana State get smoked by Evansville and wondering how we couldn't be competitive with that team. Now, why again is SLU not in the MVC? B)

All 5 results so far have seen the team with the worse record win. So that bodes well for us...

VCU and Dayton are in a close one early on in a game with 1-seed implications.

UMass and LaSalle are in a close one near halftime in a game with bottom-seed implications.

A SLU loss and a Umass win puts us in a 5 and 13 tie with Umass and Mason. La Salle is #14 in that scenario. We are 2 and 1 in the three way and so is Umass. Mason at 0 and 2 gets #13. We beat Umass head-to-head so we get #11, they #12.

If La Salle beats Umass and we lose to Bonaventure we have a four-way at 5 and 13. Adding La Salle, we are now 2 and 2. Umass would be 3 and 2. Mason would be 1 and 3. La Salle would be 3 and 1 and get #11. The rest falls as above, us in #12, Umass in #13 and Mason #14.

I think ..............................

Watching Indiana State get smoked by Evansville and wondering how we couldn't be competitive with that team. Now, why again is SLU not in the MVC? B)

That ship set sail 42 years ago and is not coming back.

There are very sound reasons.

I was being sarcastic hence the goofy emoticon.

I was being sarcastic hence the goofy emoticon.

I figured as much, checked, but was unable to determine the meaning of your emoticon.

Irrespective, based upon a statement in a recent BenFred column at stltoday.com, we might be about to be treated to yet another pro-Mizzou, pro-Valley, keep SLU down column, right out of the Manual about how SLU belongs in the Valley. This STL media blathering seems to surface this time of year during Arch Madness. We must always beware and be on guard, especially at dark times like the current.

Never mind that the A10 is about to get 4 NCAA Tournament teams, while the Valley will be lucky to get 2, and may well get another visit from Juan Bid. But that inconvenient truth must not be in the Manual.