Most Important Potentially Returning Player

Of all the (potentially) returning players, who is the most valuable for any possible success next year? Who is the guy that would cause the most sting if he transferred? Ash is graduating. I'm talking about the Juniors, Sophs, and Freshmen.

I'm picking Reggie. He's our only inside presence right now. His rebounding is better than above average. He is the only guy with a the chance to post up, make a move, and score.

Any one of the three, Crawford, Agbeko, Bishop all three are needed for the team to have a chance to be competitive.

Any one of the three, Crawford, Agbeko, Bishop all three are needed for the team to have a chance to be competitive.

This is the core group. Any of these guys transfers out and it will become very interesting to say the least.

Next year will be another lost season, and Crawford and Agbeko will be gone afterward regardless.

So Bishop and Yarbrough are the only two I'm really worried about keeping. Hopefully Bishop improves his outside shot and Yarbrough can turn into a decent post player. Otherwise, we are effed for years to come.

I'd go:

1. Bishop: PG's are so valuable, he could be part of a winning backcourt.

2. Crawford: Was an incredibly efficient scorer this season when healthy, clearly a gamer.

3. Agbeko: Another guy who works his tail off. Will be needed in order to control the glass. Leads by example.

-big gap-

4. Neufeld: Shows promise. Not the typical ogre, but not Loe either.

5. Reynolds: He plays with so much passion and is clearly frustrated with the lack of W's. I think he can contribute to a middle of the pack A10 team, which is as good as we can honestly hope for the next two years.

-gap-

6. Yarbrough: A head case, but I am eager to see if he could turn it around with a new coach. He certainly possesses talent and has worked to improve his shot.

I think those top 5 should be our starters next year, barring Coach K dying and Tatum reversing course and coming to SLU accompanied by several top grad transfers and freshmen who de-commit following coaching changes (I can dream, right?)

I'll take a different approach. The most important people to stay are Agbeko and Crawford.

Those are the two that will open up scholarships for the 2017 class. The new coach will have a full year to recruit to those scholarships. If Mike and Reggie leave, they'd have to fill those this offseason with leftover spring recruits. And have no scholarships available for 17.

Bishop and Crawford are tied in my eyes. An off-season of improvement for JB and a chance for MC to rest would do wonders for the team. As dreadful as the past two years have been, those two could form an above average A-10 backcourt. I really think Crawford is going to have a huge year next year, especially if a new system is employed and we can run him off some baseline and flare screens.

Bishop and Crawford are tied in my eyes. An off-season of improvement for JB and a chance for MC to rest would do wonders for the team. As dreadful as the past two years have been, those two could form an above average A-10 backcourt. I really think Crawford is going to have a huge year next year, especially if a new system is employed and we can run him off some baseline and flare screens.

I was looking for stats and struggled to find them, but wasn't Crawford one of the most efficient (like top 50ish) offensive players in the country for a decent chunk of the year?

If Mike and Reggie leave, they'd have to fill those this offseason with leftover spring recruits. And have no scholarships available for 17.

The new coach will also be able to fill Hines' scholarship for next season, even assuming no one else transfers. Couldn't he chose to leave one or even two of those slots open for '17, especially if he is hired late in the spring a la Majerus?

I was looking for stats and struggled to find them, but wasn't Crawford one of the most efficient (like top 50ish) offensive players in the country for a decent chunk of the year?

I believe so until his foot started bothering him. He is a gifted offensive player and having two legs underneath him next season would lead to a big senior year.

I may be crazy but if we get a real coach and get rid of a couple bad attitudes, I think we compete next year. I also think Welmer will be pretty good and Neufeld is improving. Mike, Reggie, and Jermaine just need some help.

I may be crazy but if we get a real coach and get rid of a couple bad attitudes, I think we compete next year. I also think Welmer will be pretty good and Neufeld is improving. Mike, Reggie, and Jermaine just need some help.

Scoop is a wise man.

+10000000