EXPOSED

willie

Just what is Crews' contract status, after this season? If it has more years to run, is a buyout a possibility, or is it outside the stratosphere? A change is mandatory, after this season, because he really doesn't care for recruiting, and his ability to relate to the players is invisible.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Nobody actually knows. But he makes about $850k/season and it is believed by most that he has 2 years left on his deal. So the buyout could be up to $1.7M but there could be some type of smaller buy-out built into the contract. Or some type of deal where Crews gets his buyout over a longer period of time.

Nobody actually knows. But he makes about $850k/season and it is believed by most that he has 2 years left on his deal. So the buyout could be up to $1.7M but there could be some type of smaller buy-out built into the contract. Or some type of deal where Crews gets his buyout over a longer period of time.

I doubt the buy out is equal to the last two years salary. Usually a buy out clause sets a specific amount and it it normally less than the remaining salary. IF May did not put this in the contract then he should be fired but since many think this contract was Biondi's doing then I can assure you that there is a buy out clause that is affordable - he did it to Brad S. and I am sure he did to Crews.