Groupon is back

Cowboy

-two games not on the list are VCU and FU

-the fine print, which I advise all to read when buying these sort of things, indicates the buyer redeems "on the day of the game at venue box office" - I guess our ticket office has not advanced to allowing customers to print their own "tickets" and I would expect very few of the customers that bought in prior years and had to wait in long lines and miss part of the game to purchase again - another miss for the ADept

• $6.50 for one ticket for seating in sections 208–210 or 219–221 (up to $15.35 value)
  • $16 for one ticket for seating in sections 101, 106–108, 110–112, 117, 201–202, 205–206, 212–213, or 216–217 (up to $35.85 value)
  • Click here to view the seating chart

Choose from the following games:

• Wednesday, January 6, at 6 p.m. (George Washington)
  • Sunday, January 17, at 2 p.m. (George Mason)
  • Wednesday, January 20, at 7 p.m. (Davidson)
  • Saturday, January 30, at 5 p.m. (Duquesne)
  • Wednesday, February 10, at 7 p.m. (Richmond)
  • Tuesday, February 23, at 7 p.m. (Dayton)
  • Saturday, March 5, at 7 p.m. (St. Bonaventure)

I bought some groupon tickets for my friends for the Hartford game and (48 hours after the groupon expired) I was able to print out entry passes for them that had the section and seat numbers on them. (I had no choice as to section, just two prices like this one has). Groupon called these "G-Passes". These were scanned at the door and they were admitted with no problems.

I don't know why they can't do that for all of the groupon deals unless people want to line up at the box office and select a section. Most venues these days allow for seats to be selected on-line out of what is available on a seating chart.

I bet with the way the team is playing it makes more sense to let the box office seat people on day of game rather than let people select a seat at home. Just a guess but I doubt there isn't a reason. If I were them I'd want as many people on lower bowl for tv and such so it looks better.