Coaching Candidates

JMM28

It didn't. This past season was the best of my four years here. Lots of roster turnover and lack of experience is what did them in in my opinion. I would take Stallings over Dooley or Ford but not Drew, for what it's worth.

4 years?! Damn time flies. Seems like you just started going there.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say, some of the same criticism that could apply to Ford could also apply to Stallings (not winning in NCAAs, not getting enough out of their talent). The difference for me personally is having watched each of their team's play I think that Stalling's squads typically played with a lot more discipline and cohesiveness than I saw from Ford's.

In an ideal world you drag your feet on Stallings to find out with certainty on Drew next week. If you can't do that for some reason (Stallings has to know sooner or would be insulted by making him wait) then you have to make a tough choice between the sure thing and the likelihood of Drew. Only people that are directly in the conversations with Drew know the potential for him, but I'd want it to be 80% or better to turn down Stallings.

I wouldn't wait. The more I think about it I believe I prefer Stallings anyway. Even if you don't like Kshoe said ... are you going to tell Stallings to wait until Drew decides and actually believe he is still in play. I get the impression Stallings wants to be here.

I wouldn't wait. The more I think about it I believe I prefer Stallings anyway. Even if you don't like Kshoe said ... are you going to tell Stallings to wait until Drew decides and actually believe he is still in play. I get the impression Stallings wants to be here.

At the very least I think you can with a straight face go to Drew and tell him that we need his solid as oak, Jerry McGuire handshake that he's going to come here otherwise we have to go with the sure thing.

Stallings was already recruiting the players we wanted anyway. The transition would be seamless.

I was kinda hoping to get some up tempo play at SLU maybe a press every now and then. Any of these candidates have that in their systems?

Parish article about coaches changing schools because they are coaching against their own record. He's writing about Jamie Dixon mostly but it applies to Stallings a good viewpoint

-is the Vandy ADept a dumpster fire on its own or is it being turned into one via social media?

-I can't imagine it being too cool to be Stallings and have all this speculation out there

-where there's smoke is there fire?

Vandy doesn't have an "Athletic Department" per se... it's under the auspices of the Division of Student Life, which oversees all student activities. So technically, this group could fire Stallings and fund club Ja Alai in the span of an hour.