Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ I didn't realize how long this thread had gotten. Went back to the first few pages just for the heck of it and I found this gem :D

Some of the dumbest, ugliest posts, ever, on this and the FireJimCrews thread, though mostly from the same rotation of bitter frustrated lil dumb posters, so I guess that is to be expected. I am embarrassed to be a SLU grad when reading some of the despicable statements posted here, making things up, taking one word and making assumptions to the 11th detail, like a sophomore at Viz.

At this point, yes, we have a bad team. Majerus is gone. Small minds blame Crews 99%, Jolly the other 1%.

Some of you need to watch college hoops for 10 years, read 50 books on the subject (3x each), hang out with some intelligent, knowledgeable grown ups, and then post again, say, on Dec. 24, 2025.

^^^ I didn't realize how long this thread had gotten. Went back to the first few pages just for the heck of it and I found this gem :D

Oh that is rich. Quote, "Some of you need to watch college hoops for 10 years, read 50 books on the subject (3x each), hang out with some intelligent, knowledgeable grown ups, and then post again, say, on Dec. 24, 2025" MB"s path to his basketball wisdom and the date he will make his return.

So do we have a coach yet?

Rumor has it, we've got a deal but can't announce it until after the finals. RUMOR being the key word. The majority of posters seem to be high on Stallings, but supposedly that ain't happening. Plus, Vandy hasn't fired him and why would they? ESPN thinks they could be a final four team next year. Next in line in terms of likes on here is Cuonzo Martin. Again, Cal hasn't canned him but there is that AC charged w/ sexual harassment.

May has said we're going after a HC. Who that is is anyone's guess.

Rumor has it, we've got a deal but can't announce it until after the finals. RUMOR being the key word. The majority of posters seem to be high on Stallings, but supposedly that ain't happening. Plus, Vandy hasn't fired him and why would they? ESPN thinks they could be a final four team next year. Next in line in terms of likes on here is Cuonzo Martin. Again, Cal hasn't canned him but there is that AC charged w/ sexual harassment.

Did I miss the bolded part somewhere? Was that discussed here?

Would it be interesting if Johnnie Dawkins was doing some tv for the tournament in St. Louis?

Top candidates (in no particular order of preference)

1. Kevin Stallings

2. Travis Ford

3. Cuonzo Martin

4. Brad Underwood

5. Bryce Drew

6. Chris Beard

7. Some up and coming assistant (e.g. Inglesby from Notre Dame)

Am I forgetting anyone important that hasn't already been mentioned? Can Pistol make a comprehensive coaching candidate list like he used to do for recruiting classes?

Does this mean the guy is currently in the tournament now?

Top candidates (in no particular order of preference)

1. Kevin Stallings

2. Travis Ford

3. Cuonzo Martin

4. Brad Underwood

5. Bryce Drew

6. Chris Beard

7. Some up and coming assistant (e.g. Inglesby from Notre Dame)

Am I forgetting anyone important that hasn't already been mentioned? Can Pistol make a comprehensive coaching candidate list like he used to do for recruiting classes?

I'd take any of those head coaches with Ford being at the bottom of my list.

I'd take any of those head coaches with Ford being at the bottom of my list.

Ford wouldnt be my dream hire, but there is 0 comparison between him and crews.

Ford is better immeasurably in every conceivable way. Not saying much.

I think Ford can get us into the NIT and make us respectable. He is out of a job, so theres that.

I haven't been keeping up. Has anyone mentioned Alex Jensen?

What about Pete Gillen? Too old?

Dan Dakich? Not good enough of a coach?

Oh, and let's not forget Floyd Irons....ha