Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it matters ...but we will have to see who the Valpo opponent is?

Actually it might matter a little...If Valpo wins it looks good on Drew's resume which could help recruiting....If GW wins assuming they are the opponent it might help the A- 10 ( & SLU a little bit ) with some additional cash.

Btw....I have SD St by 2 over GW

Tick tock, tick tock!!!! Ya, right!

VolFan is an idiot just ignore him. Or take out your ire on him.

Travis Ford? Really? I was thinking that the wait was due to B Drew and I think the Wiz was right we were waiting on him. He stays, he's a tool. But but I was really liking Leon Rice as much and maybe more. Ford? I'm real conflicted cause I want SLU to do well and I'm just not feeling this hire.

Even Inglesby would've gave me hope for the unknown.

Considering Caputo turned it down and Ingelsby just took the Deleware job, ford was the 3rd best option. I guess failing at Oka St is good enough For May

Ya, right, volfan. I guess the AC, you KNEW about decided not to take a 300% salary increase. You bet! Get lost.

As I said many times ...it was his to turn down...and he did.

I mentioned last week after the St. Mary's loss ...Time was not our friend...had St. Mary's won that game....maybe ...but who knows....

I also mentioned in the coach evaluation thread that the 2nd interview was a stay in touch interview in case something went wrong...something did...and we have Ford

I think in the end ...it dragged on because we pretty much gave Drew what he wanted and after a long delay he decided to pass on the deal I also think that SLU may have started to press his side a bit as they probably didn't want to wait till Thur night. ..as some of the dance partners were starting to be taken.. I think SLU did all they could, it just didn't work out.

I am not a Ford hater. If you look at his grades over 6 years ( post #9 of the Coach evaluation thread) they are all A's and B's...Not bad ..actually impressive ...just not good enough for the A+ rated B12.....But definitely good enough for the B+ rated A-10.

My feeling is we should not judge too quick...at least give him a chance...he will definitely be way better than Crews....

Oh and btw...Ford wants the job real bad...he is still hungry.

As I said many times ...it was his to turn down...and he did.

I mentioned last week after the St. Mary's loss ...Time was not our friend...had St. Mary's won that game....maybe ...but who knows....

I also mentioned in the coach evaluation thread that the 2nd interview was a stay in touch interview in case something went wrong...something did...and we have Ford

I think in the end ...it dragged on because we pretty much gave Drew what he wanted and after a long delay he decided to pass on the deal I also think that SLU may have started to press his side a bit as they probably didn't want to wait till Thur night. ..as some of the dance partners were starting to be taken.. I think SLU did all they could, it just didn't work out.

I am not a Ford hater. If you look at his grades over 6 years ( post #9 of the Coach evaluation thread) they are all A's and B's...Not bad ..actually impressive ...just not good enough for the A+ rated B12.....But definitely good enough for the B+ rated A-10.

My feeling is we should not judge too quick...at least give him a chance...he will definitely be way better than Crews....

Oh and btw...Ford wants the job real bad...he is still hungry.

The Wiz I agree Bills Fans do need to rally around Travis Ford. He is going to be our HC. If his is hungry and hits the ground running putting together a staff and recruiting his Arse off we may have better days ahead. Time will tell and I hope that we all look at this hire as a very good one in a couple years.

St. Bona tied for the regular season A10 Championship, thus making the Bonnies A10 Regular Season Co-Champions. I read St. Bona was the first team ever in that situation to be snubbed. Plus, with an RPI of 30, St. Bona should have easily been in the NCAA. There were no less than 17 teams with worse RPI's than St. Bona that were granted NCAA At Large bids.

I did say that they had a good RPI. Missouri State had the same thing happen to them when Hinson was their coach.

The Wiz I agree Bills Fans do need to rally around Travis Ford. He is going to be our HC. If his is hungry and hits the ground running putting together a staff and recruiting his Arse off we may have better days ahead. Time will tell and I hope that we all look at this hire as a very good one in a couple years.

If he can put together the same teams he had at OK St here in St. L ( and there is no reason he can't) he will be a winner in the A-10

I made two posts about what a search firm does and what it does not. There was a list of candidates presented by the search firm to SLU, the candidates met the specs given to the search firm. We know Ford had two interviews, this is significant. Finally because of reasons that we will never know in detail he got the job. We have Ford.

I really do not expect anyone to read this post, by now most of the frequent posters are probably drunk.

If he can put together the same teams he had at OK St here in St. L ( and there is no reason he can't) he will be a winner in the A-10

Yeah we at SLU and the A10 in general regularly get 3.5 Star and 4 Star recruits.