Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Breakdown:

Lorenzo Romar, 57 Years Old: 20 Seasons (14 with Washington/3 with SLU/3 with Pepperdine), 381-258 (141-111 in Pac12/24-24 in CUSA), 7 NCAA Tournament Appearances (3 Sweet 16s), 4 NIT Appearances, 1 CBI Appearance

Kevin Stallings, 55 Years OId: 23 Seasons (17 with Vandy/6 with Illinois State), 455-283 (138-142 in SEC), 9 NCAA Appearances (2 Sweet 16s), 7 NIT Appearances

Herb Sendek, 53 Years Old: 22 Seasons (9 with Arizona State/10 with NC State/3 with Miami OH), 407-291 (72-88 in ACC/68-86 in Pac10), 8 NCAA Appearances (1 Sweet 16), 10 NIT Appearances

Travis Ford, 46 Years Old: 16 Seasons (8 with OK State/3 with UMass/5 with E. Kentucky), 334-262 (63-80 in B12/31-17 in A10), 6 NCAA Appearances (0 Sweet 16s), 3 NIT Appearances

Anthony Grant, 49 Years Old: 9 Seasons (6 with Alabama/3 with VCU), 193-110 (54-49 in SEC/45-9 in Colonial), 3 NCAA Appearances (0 Sweet 16s), 4 NIT Appearances

Joe Dooley, 50 Years Old: 7 Seasons (3 with FGCU/4 with E. Carolina), 122-90 (33-13 in ASun/30-36 in Colonial), 1 NCAA Appearance (0 Sweet 16s), 1 NIT Appearance, 1 CIT Appearance

Bryce Drew, 41 Years Old: 5 Seasons (all with Valpo), 119-47 (63-19 in Horizon), 2 NCAA Appearances (0 Sweet 16s), 2 NIT Appearances, 1 CIT Appearance

You forgot....

51 Years Old: 12 Seasons (7 with UCLA/5 with St. John's), 237-150 (80-46 in Pac-10/40-30 in Big East), 8 NCAA Appearances (5 Sweet 16s), 2 NIT Appearances

Come off the ledge all are in play until they tell us no. The same firm got us coach Majerus, I am anticipating the same type of splash. Chis May understands what is at stake and I believe Mr. Chaifetz will have a big influence so I do not see SLU making the wrong decision because I think the culture has changed.

Come off the ledge all are in play until they tell us no. The same firm got us coach Majerus, I am anticipating the same type of splash. Chis May understands what is at stake and I believe Mr. Chaifetz will have a big influence so I do not see SLU making the wrong decision because I think the culture has changed.

Ha

UIUC has a press conference with AD Whitman and John Groce at 3. Supposedly it's not about him stepping down but there is still that possibility.

Stallings assistants were seen clearing out their offices, according to twitters. Sounds like a lot of smoke around the Stallings out at Vandy story.

The job is Drew's unless he turns it down. He has indicated interest ...we have pretty much given him what he wants....The ball is in his court.

I did say earlier that time was not our friend. The pendulum is now swinging back the other way. The longer this goes ( up to 1 week) the better our chances are.. as that still indicates interest on his part.

Btw...recent interviews have revealed part of "the list".... As for Stallings...it is just a question of who( which university) can holdout longer (or wants to hold out longer) If the holdout lasts longer than a week...then we may move on.

Patience...The clock is winding down....tick ...tick ...tick