#FireJimCrews

My dream hire would be Drew. The chances of that are slim.

My first piece of advice for whoever is coaching the Bills next season (even if it is Crews), hire Michael Porter Sr. as an assistant. I know he turned down Romar, but SLU can offer a job that might not have to involve moving the whole family out of Columbia.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather not select a coach who was fired from his last job. (The only exception would be someone who was fired for failing to win more than one NCAA Tournament game every year despite getting there regularly — a program with much higher standards than SLU fans have been able to dream about for a while.)

When it comes to current coaches on the hot seat, I would pass on both Crean and Pastner if they got the ax. Romar might be different story. I could see a scenario where that could work out well both for SLU and Romar long term.

-Romar is an interesting scenario

Romar is interesting. Little chance of it happening but he still seems to have connections around here and has one of the porter brothers committed for a couple years from now.

Jr is the the headliner, but Jontay is the kind of multi year player that would have a bigger impact on a program like SLU.

Crean is a fantastic recruiter and got some big players while at Marquette. While Marquette has a better basketball history than SLU, in many ways it is a similar situation. Crean could probably land some fantastic players here, it is the X's and O's that seem to do him in on a yearly basis.

How much more can this program take?

There's very little justification for Crews getting to start this season coming off 11-21, and the exact same thing happens again?

Giving someone a "bad year" leads to more "bad years". This should have been done after the A-10 tournament last year before the plane hit Lambert.

Crean's record at Indiana is an absolute joke. Missing the tournament at a program like that is a terrible year, barely making it is a bad year. So 1 very good year, 1 good year, 1 bad year, and 4 terrible years. 4 NCAA tournament wins in 7 years at a school that recruits itself. If he can barely make the sweet 16 at Indiana, what's he going to do at SLU? Why would a program like SLU want to hire someone who failed at a much bigger program? I'd like to see Crean here, as an assistant on Bryce Drew's staff.

Crean's record at Indiana is an absolute joke. Missing the tournament at a program like that is a terrible year, barely making it is a bad year. So 1 very good year, 1 good year, 1 bad year, and 4 terrible years. 4 NCAA tournament wins in 7 years at a school that recruits itself. If he can barely make the sweet 16 at Indiana, what's he going to do at SLU? Why would a program like SLU want to hire someone who failed at a much bigger program? I'd like to see Crean here, as an assistant on Bryce Drew's staff.

Well you aren't taking into account that Mike Davis ran that ship aground and then Kelvin Samspon dumped gas all over, lit it on fire, and left Dakich to piss on the ashes.

Crean had a total rebuild there. Zeller and Oladipo leaving early set him back a little but he had a long way to go with their 3 year probation when he went there.