#FireJimCrews

Well to be fair - Ekker led us to trouble with the NCAA - illegal summer practices if memory serves me right. At least for now Crews has not done that yet but there is time.

Turned into the NCAA by an employee of the athletic department for working with LaTodd Johnson on his free throw shooting in the summertime.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slowly coming to this conclusion myself. I don't think it makes a big difference as no new coach will be hired until the end of the season but at this point the fans just need to know for sure that a new coach is on the way. If nothing else, it will give us a reason to get excited if we win a game or two and not have to fear that doing so increases the chances of Crews being back next year.

4 weeks ago I was a believer we had to give crews one more year. I'm a couple games away from becoming a "just fire him now" person. That's wild.

-while I share the thought that we need a new staff, do folks really believe that outside of some serious misconduct taking place there is a chance that Saint Louis University will terminate a coach mid-season? and do it the right way (this is a coach for the rest of this season, they will not be the coach next season)?

-we're just throwing out what we would like to see, not what will actually be, right?

-dumpster fire

I honestly would love some kind of letter or note or anything from Chris May just stating that they recognize the situation and current state of the fan base right now. I know this will not happen but it would be nice to know someone in the AD has a pulse. I am not, nor do I think anyone else is, expecting a coaching change anytime soon

-while I share the thought that we need a new staff, do folks really believe that outside of some serious misconduct taking place there is a chance that Saint Louis University will terminate a coach mid-season? and do it the right way (this is a coach for the rest of this season, they will not be the coach next season)?

-we're just throwing out what we would like to see, not what will actually be, right?

-dumpster fire

This has been my thought for a while, but I can see a classy finesse of someone pulling Crews aside and making him the proverbial offer he can't refuse to retire. He does so because of health reasons/to spend more time with his family/to go on a mission and fulfill the mandate of his newfound Mormonism and we're first out of the box to announce we're out for a new coach.

This has been my thought for a while, but I can see a classy finesse of someone pulling Crews aside and making him the proverbial offer he can't refuse to retire. He does so because of health reasons/to spend more time with his family/to go on a mission and fulfill the mandate of his newfound Mormonism and we're first out of the box to announce we're out for a new coach.

-imo, the only offer he can't refuse that the U can make includes him being paid every cent of the contract he signed, I just don't see him taking a lesser amount at someone else's request, I don't know the guy but based on observations

-imo, the only offer he can't refuse that the U can make includes him being paid every cent of the contract he signed, I just don't see him taking a lesser amount at someone else's request, I don't know the guy but based on observations

I agree, but that contract likely includes a lower buyout. The big time boosters will have to be willing to swallow that buyout which I would assume to be around $250-300k a year (whatever his base salary is), but that doesn't seem too unreasonable.

I never thought Crews would be fired mid-season, but this season has reached a level (5 wins in the non-conference, #241 in Pomeroy, and #233 in RPI with a SOS rank of #166) where I don't think that is completely off of the table (still don't think it is likely, but >0% chance). I think it is becoming increasingly difficult to see there being much harm in cutting bait as soon as possible (maybe a few players would emerge without Crews around). I guess I will wait to see how the first few weeks of conference play go...

I honestly would love some kind of letter or note or anything from Chris May just stating that they recognize the situation and current state of the fan base right now. I know this will not happen but it would be nice to know someone in the AD has a pulse. I am, nor do I think anyone else is expecting a coaching change anytime soon

The dreaded vote of confidence?

I honestly would love some kind of letter or note or anything from Chris May just stating that they recognize the situation and current state of the fan base right now. I know this will not happen but it would be nice to know someone in the AD has a pulse. I am, nor do I think anyone else is expecting a coaching change anytime soon

They'll send another coffee mug.

If it wasnt for people on this board we wouldve hosted the #1 recruit in the country for an official visit during a dead period

You mean all these small minded folks that have no idea whats going on alerted these 'professionals' to this error?

And I think it was a cheerleader (that he married), who wouldn't have been "an employee of the athletic department."

If memory serves it was someone from the soccer program who didn't like how they were being treated. Ekker was also AD at that time. Married the cheerleader (actually she was a former cheerleader who was in charge of the cheerleading team). Last I heard they were still married with a bunch of kids.

For those on this site I disagreed with about coach Crews not being the right choice as coach, I was wrong. When the team quit the last 5 minutes of the Kansas St. game and coach Crews did not call timeout and get the players to play hard and not embarrass themselves and the school that was enough for me. I think the coach is a decent person and it is a shame that coach Crews will leave coaching like this but something is really wrong and the buck stops at the coach.

[email protected]

314-977-3167

Time to start filling up his email box. Not sure if he reads a thing but it can't hurt for some of the die-hard fans to voice their displeasure. I was in the camp of letting Crews have one full year to see where we end up, but this is beyond disgusting. If I didn't attend games, I was always listening/watching. I don't care this year and I never thought that would happen. Sad.

For those on this site I disagreed with about coach Crews not being the right choice as coach, I was wrong. When the team quit the last 5 minutes of the Kansas St. game and coach Crews did not call timeout and get the players to play hard and not embarrass themselves and the school that was enough for me. I think the coach is a decent person and it is a shame that coach Crews will leave coaching like this but something is really wrong and the buck stops at the coach.

The buck stops with the people who hired him. They need to fix this, yesterday.