Jim Crews' future?

With his high salary, would the school be willing to bite the bullet to buy him out and then hire a name coach who would cost as much, if not more?

Maybe a booster would especially if that booster is actually paying some of his salary to begin with. I bet he gets 2 more years so long as he shows some improvement this year.

He can start with an inbounds play for CH..... sake

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crews should be gone. For those of you giving him credit for winning with rickma's roster, for c sake, pretty sure Hoda or Kathy Lee could have coached that team and won.

And then he gave us that half azzed roster last year that imo wold have been par for a ron ekker team.

Last he f'd up the tatum recruitment. I don't care if he needed to offer a conditional offer ("hey you come barnes has a scholarship) to jayson's little friend, or if he needed to offer justin an assistant's position (after seeing the "talent" the current staff gave us last year, not like we would have given anything up replacing one with justin). Or for heavens sake, I am sure Dr chaifetz or apex oil could have used an up and coming lady attorney in their legal department (let's see if rj reynolds has a new atty by year end). I.e. strike three.

And we haven't even touched on no out of bounds plays, not being able to teach a point guard how to use a pick, forgetting to put rebounders on the lane for free throws or averaging 3 unused timeouts per game.

Time to move on before we are completely back to 1983.

Crews should be gone. For those of you giving him credit for winning with rickma's roster, for c sake, pretty sure Hoda or Kathy Lee could have coached that team and won.

And then he gave us that half azzed roster last year that imo wold have been par for a ron ekker team.

Last he f'd up the tatum recruitment. I don't care if he needed to offer a conditional offer ("hey you come barnes has a scholarship) to jayson's little friend, or if he needed to offer justin an assistant's position (after seeing the "talent" the current staff gave us last year, not like we would have given anything up replacing one with justin). Or for heavens sake, I am sure Dr chaifetz or apex oil could have used an up and coming lady attorney in their legal department (let's see if rj reynolds has a new atty by year end). I.e. strike three.

And we haven't even touched on no out of bounds plays, not being able to teach a point guard how to use a pick, forgetting to put rebounders on the lane for free throws or averaging 3 unused timeouts per game.

Now you are suggesting unethical recruitment? you Roy.

Bobby Hurley.......I'd commit suicide or worse start following the Tigers.

JC has at least two more years in my opinion. If he doesn't have to boat sailing in the write direction, I'll be calling for his head......

You were calling for it early on. Don't worry much, I wanted SLU to be Kentucky.

No. Justin is a legitimate coach. He's won two state titles and knows the local aau scene as good as anyone. Even right now with his son going to duke, I'd take justin tatum as an assistant coach over any assistant coach on our staff.

Jayson's mother has been an attorney now for almost 20 years. She obviously is very qualified for a staff attorney position for any corporation. Their would be nothing wrong with either situation unlike some of the deals coach k has set up with previous parents in the past.

As to barnes. We have had and have worse guards on our roster than what jordan barnes would have been. Absolutely nothing wrong with any of the three scenarios

I'm usually pretty good at sensing sarcasm but maybe my radar needs to be recalibrated after Tatum bruised my hopes for a special year in 2016; however, it's seems to me that you have now established a double standard for Crews and Saint Louis University. You have always tauted yourself as a supporter of being ethical and above-board on recruiting and such, polarizing yourself from Mi$$ou and their usual tactics. Why now are condemning the staff and now the school as failing with the above suggested recruiting tactics.

No soup for you…

What did Duke actually offer?

A realistic chance to win the national championship, play against NBA level talent everyday in practice and in games, be coached by the best basketball coach in the world and a chance to play with the #1 player in the country who just so happens to be a very good friend.

Jayson's mother has been an attorney now for almost 20 years. She obviously is very qualified for a staff attorney position for any corporation.

While I agree that she would be qualified for a position at nearly any company in the area, I can't imagine she has been an attorney for anywhere near 20 years. My friend was in law school with her and he graduated in like 2010.

The next coach shouldn't be someone who has ever been employed as a coach at SLU.

Blame Lebron for this nonsense. He started this silly play with your buddies stuff. Jordan would have never done that. Tatum obviously wants to be a 2nd or 3rd banana, James Harden style. Not a bad living if you can get it though. /s

If you weren't going to use everything in your arsenal to land the kid, you shouldn't have wasted anytime at all recruiting him.

Agreed. You throw everything you can at a recruit like Jayson Tatum. We may never have as good of a connection with an elite recruit. That is why I can't believe we didn't host him on an official visit where we in fact threw everything we had at him.