Poor Calipari

Attached is an article about how Calipari can't seem to get recruits to come to Kentucky like he used to.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/john-calipari-hints-that-platooning-hurt-kentucky-s-recruiting-163937974.html

I find it interesting that he is making a plea to future recruits that he will shrink his rotation, like he claims to have done in the past, to get new guys more playing time. If that is true, then what happens to the guys that he has already told he was going to hand deliver to the NBA that don't end up in his six man rotation. Yet another reason why no top recruit should ever go to Kentucky.

I think 2-3 All Americans and a supporting cast is what he wants to go back to now that he's not getting 5-6 a year. Problem is, he's getting none this recruiting cycle. It has him scared enough that he is advertising that he will take care of whatever 2-3 he can get.

He sounds a bit arrogant. Oh poor me I get what I want and then I realize that maybe that is not what I want after all. His problem that going to KY is now seen as no different than the other top programs so he has to work harder and he really does not want to. In his mind - you should come to KY because it is KY and because everybody loves me. What poor excuse for a coach - suck it up!