OT: St. Louis professional sports discussion (2015)

The numbers the P-D used were 21 conventions a year for $23 million in total tax revenue (including City, County, state). I'm still not clear on how exactly the County gets any of that revenue directly. Also saw somebody (I think it was Bernie) retweeting the claim that the initial projections for the Dome ca. 1995 ended up overestimating incoming revenue by 40%. No idea where that figure comes from exactly.

I am not getting into the details of the convention center projections but you would have hoped St. Louis would have learned something (they expanded before and got less business).. The convention center market is WAY overbuilt (and Kansas City is planning to lose money by expanding their offerings).

Monorail!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mizzou announces details of NCAA review, vacates all wins from 2013-14 season, imposes postseason ban & more: http://vbs.cm/V0SrDa

Well done posting this in the professional sports thread.

What a hero.

Never should have had "faith in Haith." What a shyster! Only pig worse is Kroenke. That said, I don't agree that this should be in this particular thread, though I understand there may be some reluctance to start another OT thread or put in work to search for a dormant Mizzou thread.

Should Anderson be fired, right now?

Some Mizzou fans think so and have been crying and pleading for it.

I am not getting into the details of the convention center projections but you would have hoped St. Louis would have learned something (they expanded before and got less business).. The convention center market is WAY overbuilt (and Kansas City is planning to lose money by expanding their offerings).

Monorail!

Marge_vs._the_Monorail_(promo_card).png

• 2 months later...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25533703/look-theres-an-la-billboard-trolling-st-louis-over-the-rams-leaving-town?linkId=22796233

Not a rams fan but LOW BLOW. Classless.

(pic of LA billboard saying Los Angeles > St. Louis. apparently the account is run by friends of Todd Gurley, Trumaine Johnson, and Tavon Austin )