Official Tatum Rally (no dead period AD screw up) Thread

So is this probably not the time or place to let Jayson know I had a crush on his mom in law school, even before I knew she had a kid with Justin Tatum?

I got you beat, I had a crush on her in highschool even though she was a couple years younger then me...

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She was a couple years behind me in school, but a few years older.

Great news on the band. I have been trying to spread the word. Most of my friends are more casual fans (even the ones with season tickets), and none of them seem to have heard anything about it. A shame it's during the work day.

ADDENDUM: Note that my comment on the work day is not intended in any way, shape, form, or manner as a cheapshot against Dwayne's_World, Jayson Tatum, Justin Tatum, Jim Crews, or St. Ignatius of Loyola because of the scheduled time of the campus visit. I would merely like to see as many fans at the rally as possible, and some fans have expressed their regrets to me that they will be unable to make it but are nonetheless very much in support of the idea of the #1 high school player in the nation coming to SLU, and they hope he gives their sentiments vicariously expressed here due consideration in his decisionmaking process.

Duke fans obviously don't have the same info we do, but one look at a couple of their forums and they think Tatum is an absolute lock. They think his quote in his recent blog about "not having any other visits set up and will commit sooner rather than later" is basically him saying he's committed, he just wants to wait for the big announcement.

That said, I hope we blow him away on his visit here next week and pull in a commitment before the summer

She was a couple years behind me in school, but a few years older.

Great news on the band. I have been trying to spread the word. Most of my friends are more casual fans (even the ones with season tickets), and none of them seem to have heard anything about it. A shame it's during the work day.

ADDENDUM: Note that my comment on the work day is not intended in any way, shape, form, or manner as a cheapshot against Dwayne's_World, Jayson Tatum, Justin Tatum, Jim Crews, or St. Ignatius of Loyola because of the scheduled time of the campus visit. I would merely like to see as many fans at the rally as possible, and some fans have expressed their regrets to me that they will be unable to make it but are nonetheless very much in support of the idea of the #1 high school player in the nation coming to SLU, and they hope he gives their sentiments vicariously expressed here due consideration in his decisionmaking process.

Was...she....in my law school class? And I didn't know it?

Read a 247 sports interview with Tatum and his mom. Nothing new in the article - basically everything we've seen before. Only thought 2 answers were interesting. I have a hard time believing that our staff would let Duke (or any school) be the one making the "biggest push" or most effort, but hopefully Tatum gets royal treatment on Wednesday.

Q- (Sherrill McMillan) You've taken an official visit to Duke. You've had an in-home with Duke. You haven't had an in-home with any of the other schools. You kind of see how it looks like Duke is ahead a bit?
A - I can see that. They obviously give the biggest push right now that they really want me. Not that other schools don't want me to come visit, they just make an extra effort it seems like.
And then an answer from his mom
Q - I wanted to go through each of them. St. Louis University- how did they make the cut?
A - Well, you know, he loves St. Louis. He does. He loves his city. Justin went to undergrad and I went there for law school. Like I said, we're really close with Penny and the Memphis people, so he really admires how Penny feels about his city and vice versa, how they look up to him, so he always wanted to be somebody in his community who gives back and makes changes, so I think that definitely plays a part in his decision to have SLU on the list.

Dude, big time HATE for the Penny - Memphis mention. Penny Hardaway is one of my all time favorite players. He's actually coaching HS back in Memphis as a favor to his childhood friend who's battling cancer. There's a good 10 minute ESPN segment on it.

Read a 247 sports interview with Tatum and his mom. Nothing new in the article - basically everything we've seen before. Only thought 2 answers were interesting. I have a hard time believing that our staff would let Duke (or any school) be the one making the "biggest push" or most effort, but hopefully Tatum gets royal treatment on Wednesday.

Q- (Sherrill McMillan) You've taken an official visit to Duke. You've had an in-home with Duke. You haven't had an in-home with any of the other schools. You kind of see how it looks like Duke is ahead a bit?
A - I can see that. They obviously give the biggest push right now that they really want me. Not that other schools don't want me to come visit, they just make an extra effort it seems like.

I find this interesting. He has been quoted as saying he is down at SLU every other week and people around here mention he is on campus pretty often. Based on Crews and Tanner attending every game recently, I can't imagine they aren't giving as big of a push. I just wonder if because it is a 10 minute drive to visit SLU and he hasn't had the official visit here, the times he stops by just get overlooked.

Dude, big time HATE for the Penny - Memphis mention. Penny Hardaway is one of my all time favorite players. He's actually coaching HS back in Memphis as a favor to his childhood friend who's battling cancer. There's a good 10 minute ESPN segment on it.

Definitely my favorite player as a kid.. Grantland just did an amazing oral history of his Magic teams

https://twitter.com/jpdabrams/status/588702914320859136