Official Tatum Rally (no dead period AD screw up) Thread

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind him about Duke losing to Mercer, the upcoming sanctions for UNC basketball, and all of Calipari's vacated final fours.

Seems like those would be good signs for the 1,000+ person pep rally that is being planned.

He may be getting ready to make his announcement soon.

Agree, I am not sure of the logistics and schedule, but I he was saying he is going to decide in September there would be no real reason to push the in home visits so close together.

I sure hope he told UNC and Kentucky I am leaning towards staying home but want to give you a shot at home before Inhave my official visit to SLU.

What makes some of you think Jayson won't still take his official visits to UNC and UK? I want to feel just as confident as some of you are intimating that Tatum will soon announce a commitment to SLU, but while there's a great chance that he will arrive at that conclusion after his visit Wednesday night, I suspect he'll hold off on making it public until after visits to Chapel Hill and Lexington. After all, how many teens wouldn't want to make a couple of weekend trips?

(However, please don't rib me too hard should Jayson announce in a couple of days or so that he's canceling further visits and committing to SLU!)

What makes some of you think Jayson won't still take his official visits to UNC and UK? I want to feel just as confident as some of you are intimating that Tatum will soon announce a commitment to SLU, but while there's a great chance that he will arrive at that conclusion after his visit Wednesday night, I suspect he'll hold off on making it public until after visits to Chapel Hill and Lexington. After all, how many teens wouldn't want to make a couple of weekend trips?

(However, please don't rib me too hard should Jayson announce in a couple of days or so that he's canceling further visits and committing to SLU!)

He has been down to Kentucky before and from his recent interview when he was talking about his final 4, it doesn't sound like he is really trying to make it out to UNC. Of course he still could but with the traveling he does with his AAU team and traveling he has done playing for USA, it's not like he doesn't get to travel often. Plus in his mind, he could be thinking by 2017, he will be traveling all the time with an NBA team.

If Tatum commits to SLU he will play at least two years but more than likely three. He will want to win at least two NCAA Championships.

I heard he is planning on redshirtting, playing 3 years at SLU, graduating, and then using his 5th year to play at Duke.

How are things looking on campus as for people showing up during the visit?

No idea how many people will actually show up, but we've got fliers spread out on campus and lots of stuff posted on social media. The farm animals will be there, a big pep band group, and a ton of students have said they'll be there as well.

No idea how many people will actually show up, but we've got fliers spread out on campus and lots of stuff posted on social media. The farm animals will be there, a big pep band group, and a ton of students have said they'll be there as well.

Is Doc Chaifetz flying in for the visit? That might be a nice touch. A future NBA owner with a future NBA player.