Official Tatum Rally (no dead period AD screw up) Thread

Alright guys, I have received word that Justin and Jayson will be visiting campus on Wednesday, April 22nd, at 5:00 pm. A week from tomorrow. Thus, the plan will be exactly the same as before. Everyone will gather in the quad area around 4:00-4:30 pm on the 22nd, and then Jayson and his dad will walk down west pine past the quad at 5:00 pm on their way to the meeting at the Fetz with Prez Pestello, Crews, and staff.

Let's give Jayson and his dad the big warm welcome that they deserve from us Bills fans!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am somehow going to guess that Jayson Tatum may or may not be aware of a web site that has devoted over 1000 posts to his recruitment.....he may see this thread

Thats why we should tell him how much we want him to home to SLU. It's also why we should cut all the negative crap about the program.

I'm not going to turn this into tee-ball and make everyone a winner and never say anything negative about the program when the facts are right in front of us.

But...I will be at the rally and do everything possible within the rules to try to help convince JT to come to SLU.

I'm not going to turn this into tee-ball and make everyone a winner and never say anything negative about the program when the facts are right in front of us.

But...I will be at the rally and do everything possible within the rules to try to help convince JT to come to SLU.

Being fair and challenging is very different than incessantly bashing the coach, the players and everyone in the AD.

A lot of talk about Duke. I think it is going to be tough to get him to pass up the chance of playing there.

Interesting though his comment about deciding soon. That would be great if he just signed with SLU next week at the Rally that is being set up.

This is to be expected when going up against a powerhouse like this. This kid really looks like he has a good head on his shoulders and to me I'm impressed that he is showing the appreciation he is. I don't think every #1 player in the country would be shocked or in awe that they were visited like Jayson is...some of these guys would expect it. Jayson seems to be a real class act to me. We knew this going in that this wasn't a walk in the park. Like it has been said a million times, SLU's advantages are completely different than Duke's. We really need to reiterate what he will mean to our program, the playing time he will have here, and how great it would be to play in front of family and friends and how he will become an instant SLU legend. Get into the kid's heart because we know he loves St. Louis and the University does mean something to him. I don't think that changes either if he decides to go to Duke but I still think we have a shot.

Someone get these blown up with something clever written on them. Maybe one poster board with Justin Larry and Jayson airbrushed in.

2qiz5ht.png
j6jxts.jpg
tar9er.png

Thats why we should tell him how much we want him to home to SLU. It's also why we should cut all the negative crap about the program.

What makes you think he wants to come to a program where the fans are cool with negative stuff going on? I sincerely doubt anything negative has been discussed here that Tatum wasn't already aware of.

Hopefully D_W and the other current students get a good group together next week. I think that matters a lot more than what boosters and other random alumni say online.

A couple of points: it seems strange that he said he didn't have any visits set up meaning that the SLU visit that crashed might have been set up quickly at the last minute. The other thing I really liked was his commitment to helping young kids IN ST LOUIS!

What makes you think he wants to come to a program where the fans are cool with negative stuff going on? I sincerely doubt anything negative has been discussed here that Tatum wasn't already aware of.

Hopefully D_W and the other current students get a good group together next week. I think that matters a lot more than what boosters and other random alumni say online.

If I'm Tatum why would I want to come to a program where people are calling for the coaches head and calling future teammates like Jolly useless? [Jimbo] It's one thing to be realalistic and another to be nasty.

A couple of points: it seems strange that he said he didn't have any visits set up meaning that the SLU visit that crashed might have been set up quickly at the last minute. The other thing I really liked was his commitment to helping young kids IN ST LOUIS!

He visits the school on a semi-regular basis. This one just got tweeted ahead of time.

If I'm Tatum why would I want to come to a program where people are calling for the coaches head and calling future teammates like Jolly useless? [Jimbo] It's one thing to be realalistic and another to be nasty.

Do you know what UK, Duke and UNC fans would say about any player that put up numbers like Jolly for their team??? Much worse than I, I promise you. Regardless, I'm done with the wash basin. The AD in general has now drawn my ire for their ineptitude. Hopefully they make up for it with a great visit for FBJT and the other recruits.

If I'm Tatum, why would I want to come to a program where we make the Tournament 4 times since 2000 and where we just finished 298th in kenpom. Let's seriously stop acting like what we say on here matters. If any players or recruits really care about what we say, then they have problems bigger than basketball.

SLU has a great selling point. So does Duke. Let's let it play out.

If I'm Tatum, why would I want to come to a program where we make the Tournament 4 times since 2000 and where we just finished 298th in kenpom. Let's seriously stop acting like what we say on here matters. If any players or recruits really care about what we say, then they have problems bigger than basketball.

We also made the tourney 3 of the last 4 years and made it to the third round each year. Not sure why we want to go back to 2000. Focus on the positives and the steps we have made in the last few years.

It doesn't truly matter but it's not a good look