Deuce Bellow transferring from Missouri

willie

Deuce is supposed to graduate this spring and will transfer as a 5th year player. He was suspended in December for 5 games for academic reasons. What's wrong with this picture?

Thanks - I needed a laugh!

I suppose, and may quite likely be wrong in this assumption, that to transfer and play a 5th year this man would have to be enrolled into some kind of academic program that Mizzou does not offer. Since Mizzou is so large and offers so very many diverse academic programs, both undergraduate and graduate, it may be difficult to find something that SLU offers and Mizzou does not. It may even be more difficult to find a program that this man may actually be able to maintain adequate grades and meets all other criteria for the transfer. I do not think, however good a basketball player he may be, that this is a viable option for SLU.

Yeah, I don't think anyone on this thread was advocating that we go get him. It was just the irony of a senior year suspension for "academic reasons" and he is now going to pursue a master's degree. Oh, and play some more basketball.

I suppose, and may quite likely be wrong in this assumption, that to transfer and play a 5th year this man would have to be enrolled into some kind of academic program that Mizzou does not offer. Since Mizzou is so large and offers so very many diverse academic programs, both undergraduate and graduate, it may be difficult to find something that SLU offers and Mizzou does not. It may even be more difficult to find a program that this man may actually be able to maintain adequate grades and meets all other criteria for the transfer. I do not think, however good a basketball player he may be, that this is a viable option for SLU.

I can actually think of a few grad programs SLU offers but Mizzou doesn't off the top of my head--urban planning, sustainability, international business, a bunch of the health care stuff, etc. Still not sure we would want Bellow here, though, unless SLU is just really desperate to improve the average recruit ranking out of high school.