Remaining Scholarships

slufan13

Marcus lovett, uncommitted senior point guard at Morgan park in Chicago had 45 vs althoff in Illinois semi final game.

Lost though. Jordan goodwin only needed 1 c assist for a triple doublE for althoff and gooch, Ferguson and bateman were also very good for althoff. I say offer all four of them. They are all worthy our roster. Hopefully we already have.

I think heard Lovett is a lock for St John's.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not asking for a white McDonald's all American....any tall white player with coordination will do.

I feel like if we all think hard enough,we must know at least 1 person...maybe a neighbor? A cousin? A parishioner?

Neufeld is going to be good.

The problem is that you are going to have 4 other roster spots (I am including Reggie here) taken up by guys that are project big men. You can can have 1 or 2 of those type of guys on your roster. You can't have 25% of your roster filled with those guys.

I'm not asking for a white McDonald's all American....any tall white player with coordination will do.

I feel like if we all think hard enough,we must know at least 1 person...maybe a neighbor? A cousin? A parishioner?

I've seen a few on some of the teams that are in the tournament that are not all that well known and they are better than our bigs and not one of them well high school all Americans.

Neufeld is going to be good.

The problem is that you are going to have 4 other roster spots (I am including Reggie here) taken up by guys that are project big men. You can can have 1 or 2 of those type of guys on your roster. You can't have 25% of your roster filled with those guys.

What mid majors consistently get instant impact big men. Please name one.

There is a difference between instant impact and being serviceable when you get on campus. We have four bigs for who it is questionable if they will develop into serviceable players much less impact players.

Wisconsin collects big white guys that were McDonald All-Americans and Gatorade POY in their state. That is a little bit different than the ones we have been collecting,

If you are referring to McDonald All-American nominees that would include John Manning.

Wisc's last McDonald's AA was Brian Butch in 2003. Wisconsin had only 1 top 50 recruit and 1 other top 100 recruit in the last 4 years. http://statsheet.com/mcb/teams/wisconsin/recruiting#mcdonalds

I actually believe our core 5 or 6 returning players are among the most talented young nucleus I have seen at SLU. We are still 2 years away, but we are going to be really good again if these guys stick it out.

Frank Kaminsky, arguably the best big man in college basketball this year, was a 3 star recruit. Here is a write-up on him, which reads a lot like the write-ups for "fill in the blank" SLU big man:

Said Bo Ryan in a release upon signing Kaminsky: “Frank’s development has sky-rocketed over the past six months. He went from having a hard time getting on the floor in AAU the summer before his junior year, to having a large contingent of suitors by the following spring. He’s long, skilled and has a knack for finding the basket. His dad was a former college player and coach so he’s been taught the right way from day one. A very good student at a very challenging school – he fits the profile of what a student-athlete has to be at Wisconsin in order to be successful. Our staff is really excited about what the future could hold as Frank continues to grow and develop. I know he is excited to have a great senior season at Benet and then move on to what’s next for him. Badger fans will enjoy watching him mature in Cardinal and White.”
Kaminsky’s rivals.com profile lists him at 6-10, 220 pounds. He had offers from Wisconsin, Bradley, DePaul, Northern Illinois, Northwestern and Southern Illinois.

Frank Kaminsky, arguably the best big man in college basketball this year, was a 3 star recruit. Here is a write-up on him, which reads a lot like the write-ups for "fill in the blank" SLU big man:

He also contributed very little until last year. Most bigs take time to develop.

If you are referring to McDonald All-American nominees that would include John Manning.

Wisc's last McDonald's AA was Brian Butch in 2003. Wisconsin has only had 1 top 50 recruit and 2 top 100 recruits in the last 4 years. http://statsheet.com/mcb/teams/wisconsin/recruiting#mcdonalds

I actually believe our core 5 or 6 returning players are among the most talented young nucleus I have seen at SLU. We are still 2 years away, but we are going to be really good again if these guys stick it out.

I was sure Dekker was MCD AA, but somehow wasn't.

Kaminsky was First Team all-state in IL, Brown was first team all-state Ohio. Happ was first team all-state in IL. Duje was first team all-state in IL. It isn't like Wisconsin is loaded up with project big guys.

He also contributed very little until last year.

Kaminsky was a Chicago Tribune first team all state player.

Having played against Kaminsky in high school, I can say a little about him. He was a good player but he was not the primary option on his team. He preferred to roam the perimeter instead of bang inside. Many people were surprised he ended up at Wisconsin because he was a very lanky player who didn't appear to have much upside. The player you are today at Wisconsin is nothing like what he was his senior year of HS.

Nailed it.

That's why programs like us need extra bigs, diverse, rotate them in and out.

Conklin-Ellis-Loe (white) + Evans, Remekum, GG but they needed experience. Remember?

Counter proposal:

1) Keep Jolly

2) Jimbo transfer to another message board

Nailed it.

Conklin-Ellis-Loe (white) + Evans, Remekum, GG but they needed experience. Remember?

Counter proposal:

1) Keep Jolly

Truth

Except I'd prefer we retain jimbo's scholarship

Nailed it.

Counter proposal:

1) Keep Jolly

Conklin, Loe, Ellis, Evans, Remekun and Glaze were all more accomplished bigs coming into the program than anyone currently on the roster or that will be on the roster next season with the exception of Neufeld.

Conklin, Loe, Ellis, Evans, Remekun and Glaze were all more accomplished bigs coming into the program than anyone currently on the roster or that will be on the roster next season with the exception of Neufeld.

All 6 were more accomplished coming in than our 6 bigs this year? I disagree. Not going to be doing the comparison on this board, but "no way" all 6 vs our current 6 coming in...