Remaining Scholarships

slufan13

So what do we do with these 2 (at least) scholarships? Save one for 2016? Give one to Grandy? Both? After seeing our losses, is there a certain position we need to concentrate on in recruiting?

Personally I don't see what Grandy brings especially after being away for half the year, but I guess he's better than saving the schollie if that was your plan since he's gone after next year anyway. Will he even be totally healthy?

Seems tough to save both scholarships for the class of 2016. Very good class but you also have to try to win this year. Bad teams struggle to recruit. We can definitely find difference makers at this point but it is tougher.

Doesn't seem like there are any more obvious transfers, but who knows? I wonder if our staff would "encourage" anyone to transfer?

Lots of questions. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The really interesting thing to me is that with two upperclassmen transferring, we will remain a very young team IF we bring in 4 freshman to go along with our 6 sophomores. The good thing is that the freshman all will have a lot of experience relative to most sophomores. Despite what others say, I saw marked improvement in Reggie and Mike Crawford. I also saw material improvement in Davell, Marcus and somewhat in Reynolds. So, we will remain very young and will really need a definitive leader to emerge to corral and lead the talent we have. Without that, I see a .500 at best season next year.

One point that deserves consideration is team chemistry. I have no idea who on the team did not buy in, but IF it was McBroom and Lancona, then having them gone is huge. If it is remaining players...

It would seem unlikely that the staff would encourage anyone else to transfer with two players already transferring. However, they may just do that.

If there were going to be any "listen kid I gotta be honest you probably won't be playing much going forward.." conversations to be had, they probably would have been with Tanner and Austin.

We have 11 scholarship guys on the roster next season. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to assume that Welmer won't be a huge contributor right away, which means that unless Crews brings in some immediate impact player(s)- admittedly that shouldn't be too hard given our team- we have a 10 man rotation at this point. Makes life a little easier...

So what do we do with these 2 (at least) scholarships? Save one for 2016? Give one to Grandy? Both? After seeing our losses, is there a certain position we need to concentrate on in recruiting?

Personally I don't see what Grandy brings especially after being away for half the year, but I guess he's better than saving the schollie if that was your plan since he's gone after next year anyway. Will he even be totally healthy?

Seems tough to save both scholarships for the class of 2016. Very good class but you also have to try to win this year. Bad teams struggle to recruit. We can definitely find difference makers at this point but it is tougher.

Doesn't seem like there are any more obvious transfers, but who knows? I wonder if our staff would "encourage" anyone to transfer?

Lots of questions. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out

Grandy isn't happening. I don't know how many people in the know here have to spill these beans for others to get it. Grandy is no longer a Billiken

It would seem unlikely that the staff would encourage anyone else to transfer with two players already transferring. However, they may just do that.

The only other guys people on here seem to want to see transfer are Jolly and Yacoubou. Given Jolly's tweets and Crews' comments on Yacoubou, it sounds like both of them will stay. So any more transfers would probably be very bad news.

The only other guys people on here seem to want to see transfer are Jolly and Yacoubou. Given Jolly's tweets and Crews' comments on Yacoubou, it sounds like both of them will stay. So any more transfers would probably be very bad news.

i would really, really like for brent jolly to transfer. if we're being honest.

I know it isn't right to speculate on a specific kid transferring, but Jolly has an older sister who graduated here and now is a graduate aassistant in the women's tennis team. I have heard he loves it here so I don't see him going anywhere.

I know it isn't right to speculate on a specific kid transferring, but Jolly has an older sister who graduated here and now is a graduate aassistant in the women's tennis team. I have heard he loves it here so I don't see him going anywhere.

i'd love a gig where i could fall down all the time and do a bunch of clumsy fu.ck all for free, too.

jolly averaged 8 fouls and 4 rebounds per 40 minutes this year. if the NCAA stops calling fake charges like they're threatening to do, you can take that up to 10 or 11 fouls per 40. oh, and he shot 26% from the center position last year. twenty-six percent.

good free throw shooter, though. 1.6 blocks per 40. i'll give him those, i guess.

People want Ash to transfer? If so, who in the world would want Ash to transfer? He certainly wasn't what we all thought he would be, but he only has one more year.

People want Ash to transfer? If so, who in the world would want Ash to transfer? He certainly wasn't what we all thought he would be, but he only has one more year.

I agree. His first year here was disappointing, but if he left I tend to think we would lose any shot at being even mediocre next year.

But late in the season a few people were saying they hoped both McBroom and Yacoubou transferred so Crews could bring in more new blood. At the time they were still our #2 and #3 scorers.

I agree. His first year here was disappointing, but if he left I tend to think we would lose any shot at being even mediocre next year.

But late in the season a few people were saying they hoped both McBroom and Yacoubou transferred so Crews could bring in more new blood. At the time they were still our #2 and #3 scorers.

Got it. Unfortunately, we have to celebrate some mediocrity when so many things are dismal.

I haven't heard anyone talk about wanting Ash to transfer. He definitely has the skills. Personally, I would prefer they both stay.

Marcus lovett, uncommitted senior point guard at Morgan park in Chicago had 45 vs althoff in Illinois semi final game.

Lost though. Jordan goodwin only needed 1 c assist for a triple doublE for althoff and gooch, Ferguson and bateman were also very good for althoff. I say offer all four of them. They are all worthy our roster. Hopefully we already have.

Just last week, Creighton extended an offer to a JUCO 2-guard from St. Louis. Since he is already considering a Catholic school that finished last in conference play, why not go to one in his hometown?

That is crazy thinking. We need more 2/3's and big white guys.

Marcus lovett, uncommitted senior point guard at Morgan park in Chicago had 45 vs althoff in Illinois semi final game.

Lost though. Jordan goodwin only needed 1 c assist for a triple doublE for althoff and gooch, Ferguson and bateman were also very good for althoff. I say offer all four of them. They are all worthy our roster. Hopefully we already have.

Thanks, Roy.