A10 NIT Watch

On the CBI watch, give props to Porter Moser and his Loyola team on their 62-59 win over Rider. That's the Ramblers first 20 win season in 8 years. Tough road ahead as they'll probably have to face UC-Santa Barbara in the second round.

I remember that Majerus lobbied to have Porter be the Bills head coach-in-waiting but the administration didn't go for it. Let's say that Crews, for one reason or another, retires soon, and also say that Porter has some more 20 win seasons at Loyola. Would he have much support here to be our head man?

On the CBI watch, give props to Porter Moser and his Loyola team on their 62-59 win over Rider. That's the Ramblers first 20 win season in 8 years. Tough road ahead as they'll probably have to face UC-Santa Barbara in the second round.

I remember that Majerus lobbied to have Porter be the Bills head coach-in-waiting but the administration didn't go for it. Let's say that Crews, for one reason or another, retires soon, and also say that Porter has some more 20 win seasons at Loyola. Would he have much support here to be our head man?

He has to make a tournament at least once, probably twice and an mvc title before he gets in the discussion.

Down the road (obviously not now because he is too young) an interesting name could be Jon Scheyer. He's an assistant coach at Duke, a national champion (in the 21st century), and a Chicago suburb kid. To my understanding he is the one most involved in recruiting Tatum for Duke. Once Crews leaves we either go for and older coach, or a younger one. Something tells me we need a young guy with a lot of enthusiasm ready to shake things up

Down the road (obviously not now because he is too young) an interesting name could be Jon Scheyer. He's an assistant coach at Duke, a national champion (in the 21st century), and a Chicago suburb kid. To my understanding he is the one most involved in recruiting Tatum for Duke. Once Crews leaves we either go for and older coach, or a younger one. Something tells me we need a young guy with a lot of enthusiasm ready to shake things up

I'd hire him tomorrow. Kids would come play for Scheyer. And his in-game coaching can't be much worse than what we have. Then again, I've long been of the opinion that Rick's successor should have been a young up-and-comer.