Who exactly is in charge of substitutions/lineup rotations?

Duff Man

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-he has been somewhat of a turnover machine so I would guess that is part of his minutes being limited

-and he gets lost on both ends of the floor

I think the TO machine stuff is overplayed since we really saw him have one bad game like that. If you look at the TO stats it will surprise you that compared to those players getting 20+ mins his 21 for the season in 24 games played now averages out to less than 1 turnover per game in 262 minutes played. Yeh he had the game with 5 TOs but had he not then that number is 16. I think we have had games where certain players have posted at least 5 or more in one game.

Compare that to say Ash who has played same 24 games and has 53 TOs in 632 mins played. Take a look at the in-conference stats then you will see who our real TO machine is.

As for getting lost on O and D put that on the lack of game mins. I think whatever the reason for the low PT its on the staff. The kid defends well, seems the team ratchets up defensively when he is in, he fights for those boards, and produces offensively without a play being run for him. The team leading 51% from the floor says it all. I still do not see the sense in the low PT when you are losing games left and right. Maybe JC is saving him for next season!?! The reason certainly is not TO and is not about getting lost. I think this staff has it favorites and he may not be one of them. Just a thought because if I am JC and that staff then I am doing everything possible to grow this kid fast based on his talents he brings to the table. Certainly not using it in bits and pieces will not help him grow more confident as a player. I think the Jerkyl and Hyde style is enough to kill these kids confidence in their real abilities.

We keep saying he is raw but when will he be skilled. Its not like we recruited him from Africa. He has been here 2 years already. The kid was a proven commodity averaging a double double in scoring and rebound each night. May be that certain coaches are not good for some kids development and I hope this is not the case here.

through games as of Feb 7

player turnover/40 minutes

TL 1.76

AG 2.52

JM 1.29

Jolly 1.96

RA 3.28

This must be that stat line JC and co follow to determine minutes. Its working out very well for us so far.