GW over the Bills by 22

The Wiz

No rest for the weary.....If you want to see the wrapup for the RI game ...see post #15 on RI over Bills thread.

The good news is our numbers are improving. The bad news is we are still F+. We dug a deep hole for ourselves and need a win to climb out. A strange quirk in the schedule gives us our third A- game in a row with GW. Of the 3 , Vandy was the best shooting team followed by RI and now GW. And while GW is the weakest of the 3, they are still a very good shooting team at around 46%. While the shooting numbers of our opponents has been drifting down their defense has become better with GW the best of the 3. This does not bode well for us.

Here is what we need to do to win...........

On defense.

Slash line equals these numbers or lower.....23 FGM / 51 FGA / 45%....I need 2 of 3

13 or more TO's

31% 3pt

11 assists

Hold Larsen to 14pts

Hold Garino to 4 FGM

Hold McDonald to 5 reb

Weakness....not very good at 3's or FTs

On offense

We need to score 64pts or more

Make at least 24 FG

Shoot 43% FG

Make 1/3 of our 3's

Shoot 70% FTs

Less than 12 TO's...take care of the ball

The one take away from the RI game was that we can play against anyone in the A-10. RI is one of the premier teams in the A-10 ( A- ) with a good shot at the Dance. Yet we trailed by 2 with 5 1/2 min to go and had the ball with a good chance to win.....even after all those TO's.

Bottomline...played poorly against one of the better teams and still had a chance to win with a few minutes to go.

If we play smart, we could give GW a run for their money.

GW is really good this year. They were my pick to win the league. I hope we can keep it within 15. If they employ that janky 1-3-1 trapping D we could be in a world of trouble....hopefully not 20 points trouble, but trouble nonetheless

I would like to recommend that our founding father and keeper of the board be given multiple warning points. He has posted the GeeDubya fight song to the main page and then put that horrible GeeDubya video of himself doing the harlem Shake on the Wiz thread.

If someone on here said we would be a 22 point underdog at GW according to the Wiz and Sagarin at the beginning of the season we all would have called the guy an idiot. This season is a complete disaster so far.

At least it won't be SLU's worst loss at the Smith Center.

I would like to recommend that our founding father and keeper of the board be given multiple warning points. He has posted the GeeDubya fight song to the main page and then put that horrible GeeDubya video of himself doing the harlem Shake on the Wiz thread.

http://youtu.be/trQQd0TMbGY?t=1m9s

I do admit, I am torn. This is the first time this game has been played where I have an official affiliation with Saint Louis University. For Christmas, I got my first sign framed, and will hang it in my office this week.

If someone on here said we would be a 22 point underdog at GW according to the Wiz and Sagarin at the beginning of the season we all would have called the guy an idiot. This season is a complete disaster so far.

How much would you have expected to lose by at the beginning of the season? 10? 15?? Does it really matter??? Anybody who ever expected to be favored in this game under any scenario would've been the real idiot.

How much would you have expected to lose by at the beginning of the season? 10? 15?? Does it really matter??? Anybody who ever expected to be favored in this game under any scenario would've been the real idiot.

I would have expected to be about a 10-12 point dog. Yes, it does matter. Being a a 10-12 point dog in Sagarin's system puts you you right around the top 100 teams.

That is where I expected to be this year. I thought we probably miss out on any post season play, but would finish just inside the top 100 in most power ranking systems by the season's end.

This is backwards thinking. Results matter. Stewing over the difference between totally meaningless preseason prognostications and slightly less meaningless pregame odds accomplishes nothing and offers no insight on what is going to happen moving forward.

The reality is both Vanderbilt and RI were losses. Everyone expected them to be losses, and probably double digit ones. But anybody who actually watched the games knows we played with both teams for 35 minutes, which should be encouraging. If GW blows us out, it won't be a good result, but it also shouldn't be surprising. Apply a little perspective...

Looks like Vegas has GW as a 17 point favorite. It's just depressing to be a 17 point dog in A10 play

No bet tonight if it's +17, too close to the Wiz. If it was somewhere around 9 to 11, I'd do it. Gotta feeling that 1-3-1 GW plays is gonna give us fits, and they have some really nice players; Danish, Japanese, Argentines, Mongolians, Tibetans, Aztecs... Lonegran's recruiting budget must damn near equal the Obama's vacation budget.

I don't think it's just one season, but rather three. As evidenced in "Recruiting Hindsight" thread Acie is admonished for starting. I called it "sustainability" many moons ago but its the same thing. This year reaps the benefits of three barren recrutiing years. Our seniors are limited, woeful or, sadly, gone. Our juniors are gone or limited. And our sophomores are at best enigmatic or worse. I have a theory for all that but don't want to be a "negative ninnie."

While technically still attached to the Majerus umbilical cord, we are as far away from the mothership as possible with a sole microscopic thread still hanging on. It's a seven-footer microscopic thread but still .....

We are laying the Jim Crews foundation right now. How that goes will be truly of great interest. Majerus gave the program tons of fish to barbeque and grill and skewer and enjoy and get fat on. But did the program learn how to fish? Biblical, ain't it?

Rocky road. Enjoy the ride. Can't wait. Go Bills!