GDT: Little Rhody

Pistol

No, but AY and MY, maybe even JM, should be getting 30 mpg. The A10's on to AM, ie don't give him any open looks from the perimeter. So he's going to be very limited in conf play. See the end of last season. Still, he could be effective off the bench for instant offense. I'd turn the PG keys over to MB and MR. Hell, we're not going anywhere this year, let's find out what these kids can do. DR, for defense and experience, should get 20 mpg. AG about the same. Unless the light goes on for RA and TL, they should be purely insurance players, ie injury. MC as well should get a good 20-25 a game, lei's find out what he's got and see if he develops. An 8-9 man rotation would be MY, AY, JM, MB, MR, MC, AM, DR, AG. Yeah, it's a short lineup, but what the hey it ain't like we're a rebounding machine when we put in the bigs. One thing for sure we can't have a lineup of one starter and 4 others in there and compete. Hasn't worked against any team this year except the real weaklings, which we barely snuck by anyways, and it killed us today for those 5 minutes in the second half. We're rebuilding and the only two players who've shown they're effective at this level so far are AY and MY. Find the next best 7 and spread the rest of the minutes around among them. If that pisses off the 3 that are not playing so much that they want out... good riddance. It will give us the opportunity to hopefully snag a couple of JUCO's that can compete at this level.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too bad that one of our best games resulted in a 13 point loss

And was the result of playing our starters 25, 29, 30, 30, and 35 minutes. So playing 12 guys early in the season was the result of having a bunch of average players and not a sign of our depth. At least we found out fairly early on that Milik is a player.

And was the result of playing our starters 25, 29, 30, 30, and 35 minutes. So playing 12 guys early in the season was the result of having a bunch of average players and not a sign of our depth. At least we found out fairly early on that Milik is a player.

DR is a player, too, defensively.

Yarbrough can play. Roby can defend. Yacoubou is up and down. McBroom is a useful player but not a floor leader/point guard. Crawford is a role player capable of scoring but not much else. Manning can defend the post a bit. Don't really know what to say about anyone else. I still look forward to every single game, but damn this season is hard to watch.

Yarbrough can play. Roby can defend. Yacoubou is up and down. McBroom is a useful player but not a floor leader/point guard. Crawford is a role player capable of scoring but not much else. Manning can defend the post a bit. Don't really know what to say about anyone else. I still look forward to every single game, but damn this season is hard to watch.

I'm in about the same place. I haven't seen enough live games to make a guess about break-outs vs. busts, but boy ... I wish more of our guys instilled more confidence in what they are going to do on the floor when they get in there. Still, Go Bills!

As A_Bomb posted, I think someone was joking. Whether it was Hurley and Strauss heard, or if Strauss was joking, I think it was a joke.

Oh well, Hurley is still a ******.

I agree with MB that our biggest problem is BIGS. Manning is OK defensively, but really doesn't provide much else. Gillman is still too young and thin to truly be effective down low. I don't know what to say about Jolly.

Our problem is bigs because the whole offensive flow relies on them getting the ball down low and doing something with it, as well as setting up effective screens. That's why Majerus stressed the importance of them so much. Hoping Gillman adds more weight and can be a similar player to Loe, and also hope Neufeld provides some size and skill in the low post.

I still don't accept that not putting any rebounders at the line for our shooters is good strategy. Especially when we aren't a good free throw shooting team. You don't need four guys back to stop the fast break. Two guys will do. If we had 80 percent shooters ok. But we only have one of those and he isn't at the line very often. We gave up at least two rebounds today doing that. In a close game it will cosy you.

+1000000

I still don't accept that not putting any rebounders at the line for our shooters is good strategy. Especially when we aren't a good free throw shooting team. You don't need four guys back to stop the fast break. Two guys will do. If we had 80 percent shooters ok. But we only have one of those and he isn't at the line very often. We gave up at least two rebounds today doing that. In a close game it will cosy you.

One thing that I noticed today is that Ash often lined up for rebounds, but no other player did.

One major rotation problem is who do you bring in when Yarborough needs a break. Obviously no one on this roster can replace both his offense and his rebounding. Agbeko can replace the rebounding if he can be reigned in and told not to put the ball on the floor for his patented traveling calls from the head of the key. Just crash the boards, shoot put backs and defend. If that's not possible we're stuck with going undersized with Roby. Can he defend and rebound well enough to fill in for 10 minutes a game at the 4? Only other options are a reluctant Lancona or twin towers.

-just to be clear, I was including the comic of correction and all else in an official capacity at the table

Yes, that was what I figured you meant. I'm just saying that the athletic department's inexplicable tolerance of a PA announcer who can't even pronounce our players' names correctly is symptomatic of its tolerance of a home-court scorer's table that makes errors that hurt the home team (not to mention is somehow incapable of operating the clock correctly and/or ensuring that the scoreboard actually lists the players who are in the game).

Yes, that was what I figured you meant. I'm just saying that the athletic department's inexplicable tolerance of a PA announcer who can't even pronounce our players' names correctly is symptomatic of its tolerance of a home-court scorer's table that makes errors that hurt the home team (not to mention is somehow incapable of operating the clock correctly and/or ensuring that the scoreboard actually lists the players who are in the game).

-it can't be that it is not seen as a problem, can it?

Is it that hard to figure out who is in the game?