Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All good until something bad happens, Gordon is still a a SLU commit and more importantly if the predictions pan out Jared Rhoden will commit soon.

Based on Pistols 2018 recruiting post Rhoden looks like a better player than Watson.

A lot to be excited about with the next commit plus the two we have for 2018.

"Yeah, they were saying stuff like that all the time," Gordon said with a laugh in between games here at the Nike Peach Jam. "They were like 'You can't go to SLU!.' But I'm a St. Louis guy. And it's a great school with great people.  

"After I go there, hopefully other St. Louis kids will realize we can make our legacy at home. And that's the main goal -- to build a legacy at home and start something great at Saint Louis."

- Carte'Are Gordon

53 minutes ago, Macallan 18 said:

"Yeah, they were saying stuff like that all the time," Gordon said with a laugh in between games here at the Nike Peach Jam. "They were like 'You can't go to SLU!.' But I'm a St. Louis guy. And it's a great school with great people.  

"After I go there, hopefully other St. Louis kids will realize we can make our legacy at home. And that's the main goal -- to build a legacy at home and start something great at Saint Louis."

- Carte'Are Gordon

This is what I'm all about

3 minutes ago, College Basketball Fan said:

I just got back here and noticed this gem!  FYI, Cuonzo Martin was born in St. Louis  and lived the first four years of his life in Missouri. Perhaps you should learn the definition of native son. Then he stayed in the greater St. Louis area. He's a heck of a lot more native son than Travis Ford!  LOL!

What are these "shady recruiting practices"  of which you speak? FYI, he hasn't done a single thing that isn't above board and within the rules and you have zero evidence otherwise.  Cuonza will bring plenty to Norm Stewart Court; however, none of it will be shame. Deal with it!

Btw, I love Norm Stewart but if you think he was a pillar of virtue, I have a bridge you'll love. I guess you missed the two year probation for recruiting violations imposed in 1990 including a one-year ban from the NCAA Tournament. 

Do you have any more fantasies to share?

Only ones that involve your mom. 

4 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Ish Wainwright, Kevin Punter, George Goode, Anton Beard, Aaron Scales and many more committed to Mizzou then recommitted, no hard feelings everyone moved on. And I'm tired of you guys attacking kids character for recommitting. Javon Bess committed to Akron, decommitted and then chose SLU.

no one is attacking a kid.  we are attacking your worthless scum coach martin.   a 16 year old is tough match to stand up to a smooth talking con man like martin.  

13 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

7 or 8 of the guys have flipped their prediction to Missouri within the last week or so.  I'm guessing this is a done deal and ain't going the way we had hoped.  So it goes.

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/CarteAre-Gordon-at-Webster-Groves-175642/CurrentExpertPredictions 

While I'm certainly nervous, it only takes one or two of those goofballs to switch a prediction and they all go in on it.  Fear of missing out, or something along those lines.  No one wants to seem like they aren't "insiders".  If I remember correctly, there were quite a few predictions for Watson to SLU earlier on.

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

While I'm certainly nervous, it only takes one or two of those goofballs to switch a prediction and they all go in on it.  Fear of missing out, or something along those lines.  No one wants to seem like they aren't "insiders".  If I remember correctly, there were quite a few predictions for Watson to SLU earlier on.

100% in fact had him to SLU