• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

i hate this thread

+1 thanks for the laugh.

Sorry for asking again but of all of the 2018 offers who would be the best fit for the team for the last 2018 scholarship?

Would it be better to hold that scholarship for 2019?

10 minutes ago, CBFan said:

+1 thanks for the laugh.

Sorry for asking again but of all of the 2018 offers who would be the best fit for the team for the last 2018 scholarship?

Would it be better to hold that scholarship for 2019?

Watson & Rhoden are my picks for the last scholarship. Definitely don't hold it. 

7 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Fill the last scholarship with the best player you can. But realistically if that guy isn't a top 150 caliber player, he's a likely a redshirt candidate anyway. It will be very hard for a regular freshman to break into the rotation next year.

ive always taken the soderberg view on redshirts.   unless they have potential and talent, dont redshirt just because they arent good enough.  you are likely to recruit over them anyway so  get them through the system asap so you dont lose that scholarship for an additional year.   

Frank elaborated a little bit. He said that this is his gut feeling after talking to coaches involved in the recruiting. 

He also said that the staff is in love with Thatch. he thinks the fact that he's so unselfish has hurt his ranking and SLU thinks he will be a complete player for them. If SLU can get Watson, Gordon and Thatch to go along with Goodwin and French, it will be scary. (His words, not mine)

18 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank elaborated a little bit. He said that this is his gut feeling after talking to coaches involved in the recruiting. 

He also said that the staff is in love with Thatch. he thinks the fact that he's so unselfish has hurt his ranking and SLU thinks he will be a complete player for them. If SLU can get Watson, Gordon and Thatch to go along with Goodwin and French, it will be scary. (His words, not mine)

4/5 of the starting lineup in 3 years could be kids from STL/area

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Watson & Rhoden are my picks for the last scholarship. Definitely don't hold it. 

I looked up Jared Rhoden on Pistols 2018 thread and looks like a nice player.

I like Talen Horton-Tucker's size but he has some big time offers however SLU is a finalist.

I always feel you cannot have enough point guards so I like the size of Tony Johnson and Isaac Likekele.

1) Talen Horton-Tucker, 2) Jared Rhoden, 3) Torrence Watson, 4) either point guard.