NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tramaine Isabell - SG, 6-1, 180 - Seattle, WA (Drexel) - Twitter: @oTrillMaine

Offers: TBD.

Interest: SLU, Seton Hall, Louisville, South Carolina, Georgia, SMU, Western Kentucky.

Latest News: Since announcing his intent to be a grad transfer, Isabell has heard from SLU, Seton Hall, Louisville, South Carolina, Georgia, SMU, and Western Kentucky. (5/7/18)

Scouting Report: Isabell was Drexel's leading scorer this season, averaging 21.0 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 3.4 assists. He's a bit undersized, shoots a ton, and plays at a high speed regardless of game tempo. He's a high-volume scorer, though, and can really pile up points when he's feeling it. He shoots 34.0% from 3 on 5.3 attempts per game. Isabell started his college career at Mizzou, where he played two seasons before transferring to Drexel. He declared for the NBA Draft without signing an agent last month, but opted to take a grad transfer year instead.

Two 2018 recruiting tidbits:

-One-time SLU offer Dallas Watson (St. Raymond's, NYC) is joining the Junior Basketball Association - the league LaVar Ball is starting as an alternative to the NCAA.

-Aguir Agau signed with Fresno State. He had a SLU offer that probably was no longer fresh.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Two 2018 recruiting tidbits:

-One-time SLU offer Dallas Watson (St. Raymond's, NYC) is joining the Junior Basketball Association - the league LaVar Ball is starting as an alternative to the NCAA.

-Aguir Agau signed with Fresno State. He had a SLU offer that probably was no longer fresh.

Do you know if we are still recruiting Tommy Burton the JUCO from Alabama that played at Southern Idaho?

1 minute ago, AGB91 said:

Do you know if we are still recruiting Tommy Burton the JUCO from Alabama that played at Southern Idaho?

I'm 99.9% sure we're not. We offered over a year ago. His more recent offers/visits are Coastal Carolina, Milwaukee, Bradley, Idaho, UT-Martin, Indiana State, and Bowling Green.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

guys, can we leave the family and friends of our prized recruits out of our discussions and posts?   especially if your intent is some sort of humor at the pictured's expense.   we are better than that.   

No kidding. The guy people are mocking is in CG's Twitter profile pic. They're super tight. And people here are doing exactly what he and CG are complaining about in their Twitter exchange.

Zink, cgeldmacher and Littlebill like this

22 minutes ago, Pistol said:

No kidding. The guy people are mocking is in CG's Twitter profile pic. They're super tight. And people here are doing exactly what he and CG are complaining about in their Twitter exchange.

Is it mocking someone to say he resembles someone famous?

12 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

It is when it is Gary Coleman.

Surely you got that?

No, I guess I don't "get it."  The young man does strongly favor Gary Coleman in the face.  I don't see it as mocking him merely by mentioning on this board that there's a resemblance.

And it's certainly not a case of "all black people look alike," as you asserted.

Perhaps those who have posted material related to Gary Coleman and/or his catch phrase may be mocking Gary Coleman (not necessarily the young man sitting to CarteAre's left), but they're more likely just providing context for younger folks who don't know who Gary Coleman is.

I've been told by people, over the years, that I resemble Jeffrey Osborne.  I've also been told that I resemble Sam Cassell -- and they claim it's not a compliment.  Whatever!  It doesn't ruin my day.

15 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

It is when it is Gary Coleman.

Surely you got that?

I wasn't mocking anybody.  Just made an observation. And why would it be a bad thing to say another guys face looks like Gary Colemans?

I'll drop it since people seem upset about it but that wasn't my intent.

But it's kind of sad that you can't make a comparison anymore without people getting their panties in a bunch. 

52 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I wasn't mocking anybody.  Just made an observation. And why would it be a bad thing to say another guys face looks like Gary Colemans?

I'll drop it since people seem upset about it but that wasn't my intent.

But it's kind of sad that you can't make a comparison anymore without people getting their panties in a bunch. 

CG has gotten upset about people saying stuff about him online. Normally I wouldn't care but his last tweet was literally an exchange with the guy people are calling Gary Coleman about adults taking things too far with young people online. We make fun of Mizzou and Illinois fans all the time for their Twitter behavior and then poke fun of someone in our top recruit's inner circle. Does this cross a line? Would they see it? I have no idea. I just don't see a need to risk upsetting CG or someone close to him for the sake of a cheap joke, and the irony is really on the nose here.

That's all.

CBFan and ChangeOfPace like this

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

CG has gotten upset about people saying stuff about him online. Normally I wouldn't care but his last tweet was literally an exchange with the guy people are calling Gary Coleman about adults taking things too far with young people online. We make fun of Mizzou and Illinois fans all the time for their Twitter behavior and then poke fun of someone in our top recruit's inner circle. Does this cross a line? Would they see it? I have no idea. I just don't see a need to risk upsetting CG or someone close to him for the sake of a cheap joke, and the irony is really on the nose here.

That's all.

I often wonder if the constant harassment of high school athletes(read: minors) on twitter could be considered similar to contacting/harassing a minor say for other, more nefarious purposes.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I often wonder if the constant harassment of high school athletes(read: minors) on twitter could be considered similar to contacting/harassing a minor say for other, more nefarious purposes.

I'll give it five years for an spurned fan to take it too far on Twitter and result in being sued/prosecuted along those lines

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

That's all.

Fair enough. 

18 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

No, I guess I don't "get it."  The young man does strongly favor Gary Coleman in the face.  I don't see it as mocking him merely by mentioning on this board that there's a resemblance.

And it's certainly not a case of "all black people look alike," as you asserted.

Perhaps those who have posted material related to Gary Coleman and/or his catch phrase may be mocking Gary Coleman (not necessarily the young man sitting to CarteAre's left), but they're more likely just providing context for younger folks who don't know who Gary Coleman is.

I've been told by people, over the years, that I resemble Jeffrey Osborne.  I've also been told that I resemble Sam Cassell -- and they claim it's not a compliment.  Whatever!  It doesn't ruin my day.

17 hours ago, Pistol said:

That's all.

I don't get it either. I wasn't mocking at all. I liked the tv show, and the kid in the picture has the same mouth and smile as Gary Coleman. That's a neutral statement, not good or bad. A lot of people thought Gary Coleman was cute as a kid. Has PCness gone so far in your world that saying two people resemble each other is a crime? Or is it okay to compare white but not black people (and why in b-ball are white players only compared with other white players - seems racist)? How about Asian, all Asian or only Chinese? What are the rules for comparing looks?

I haven't thought about Coleman in years, and assume his life went horribly wrong due to your comments, but to be honest do not know or care about it. It's called an observation, not a joke or a mocking gesture. In short, relax mate.

slufanskip likes this

22 hours ago, Littlebill said:

This black guy looks like that other black guy! Problematic

I'll ask you directly - comparing white guys is okay then? What if I'm black - can I compare black but not white, or still white but not black? Are Asians fair game? 

Your statement, as much as you think it's PC and/or cool, is actually racist.

slufanskip likes this