Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

20 minutes ago, StlBills said:

I didn't hear all of it but it sounded like Frank said on his show today that he thinks it's a little over 50% chance he still goes to SLU. He also said the tweet was about him breaking up with his gf.

If anyone heard the entire segment let us know if i heard wrong. I'm hoping I did.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, StlBills said:

I didn't hear all of it but it sounded like Frank said on his show today that he thinks it's a little over 50% chance he still goes to SLU. He also said the tweet was about him breaking up with his gf.

50% considering he has a signed letter of intent is horrible percentage prediction imo.  

MattyMo213 likes this

31 minutes ago, StlBills said:

Frank should have just left it at it was something personal and didn't involve basketball.  The kid doesn't need everyone knowing the details of his love life.  

I wouldn't put any stock into the 50% chance comment if it didn't come from Gordon directly to Frank.  If people have learned anything through this whole process, it should be to not listen to people that claim they know what Gordon is doing or thinking.  They have been wrong every time.

MattyMo213 and TheChosenOne like this

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

50% considering he has a signed letter of intent is horrible percentage prediction imo.  

which is why im not taking any of this too seriously.  

16 minutes ago, StlBills said:

If anyone heard the entire segment let us know if i heard wrong. I'm hoping I did.

I heard the segment. It didn't sound like he had heard that from the coaches. I think that's his assumption because it's been a "crazy recruitment" (his words). The coaches expect him to move on campus at the end of May. I'm not reading too much into Frank's percentage here.

StlBills likes this

I get a kick out of some on this board making fun at the older Billiken tix holders.  The truth of the matter is without them the program would be in big trouble.  They pay out every year come rain or shine and pony up donations when asked.  I get that the younger fans are not financially at that point yet in their lives so my advice is to hold your tongue and be grateful that they are still following the program and hopeful that you can take their places when the time comes.

TheOne, TheDude and TheChosenOne like this

25 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Wake me up when Gordon moves into GFo

F that.... place has dark energy around it. Move him into that one penthouse apartment in the continental building 

7 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I get a kick out of some on this board making fun at the older Billiken tix holders.  The truth of the matter is without them the program would be in big trouble.  They pay out every year come rain or shine and pony up donations when asked.  I get that the younger fans are not financially at that point yet in their lives so my advice is to hold your tongue and be grateful that they are still following the program and hopeful that you can take their places when the time comes.

I hope you didn't take any of those posts serious. 

majerus mojo likes this

1 minute ago, lefty said:

can't resist this topic. If Durando was at aau in indiana this weekend ask him what the coaches were saying about Gordon. Or ask T. Ford. Or ask @ebossi. It's not Mizzou he"s interested in and vice versa

wut

4 minutes ago, lefty said:

can't resist this topic. If Durando was at aau in indiana this weekend ask him what the coaches were saying about Gordon. Or ask T. Ford. Or ask @ebossi. It's not Mizzou he"s interested in and vice versa

you think stu follows the aau circuit in person?    if that was true, we should be getting a lot more reports on what is going on than what we get.    i seriously doubt the post has anyone following summer basketball

11 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I'm thinking that Memphis and Team Penny (where Carteare played AAU ball last season) are doing the tampering.

I may have missed this, but how do we know anybody is doing any tampering?

-Carteare tweets that in response to personal situation.

-Frank gives “50%” number based on it being a wild recruitment.

-Here we are.

2 minutes ago, NH said:

I may have missed this, but how do we know anybody is doing any tampering?

-Carteare tweets that in response to personal situation.

-Frank gives “50%” number based on it being a wild recruitment.

-Here we are.

I don't think anyone has evidence of tampering at this point but Eric Bossi said that coaches at recent AAU tournament were talking about Gordon's possible interest in playing for Penny. Sounds like just a bunch of speculation to me.

Penny Hardaway has a full up roster heading into this year.  Now ..... I'd say only four of them are "his" recruits and anyone left over from the Tubby Smith regime has nothing really more than a two-star rating .... which does not bode well for a team decent enough to fill 18,000 seats each night for mediocre college basketball.  Given that Hardaway was hired with no college or pro coaching background, I'd say the rules likely don't apply to wherever Memphis thinks he's taking their basketball program.

35 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Stu asked the one person who he was guaranteed to get a non-answer from.  Shockingly, he received a meaningless answer.  I am not meaning that as a dig at Chris May as his position really does not allow him to share anything (good, bad, or indifferent) at this point.

Billiken Rich likes this

2 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

Stu asked the one person who he was guaranteed to get a non-answer from.  Shockingly, he received a meaningless answer.  I am not meaning that as a dig at Chris May as his position really does not allow him to share anything (good, bad, or indifferent) at this point.

Yeah what the hell else is May going to say?  

7 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

- I thank Stu for asking the AD the question, but wonder why not ask CFord or one of the coaches? 

Ford was on 101ESPN last week (maybe the week before?) and he said the whole Carteare thing was essentially overblown. He said Carteare never wavered and he was looking forward to getting Gordon on campus. 

Obviously that's what you would expect the coach to say, but Ford has commented on Gordon's "wild" recruitment.