Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing a little a little searching it seems like he completely transformed his body in between his junior and senior years. There are some videos of him during his junior year and he looks completely different. Had to have lost at least 30/40 pounds

6 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Doing a little a little searching it seems like he completely transformed his body in between his junior and senior years. There are some videos of him during his junior year and he looks completely different. Had to have lost at least 30/40 pounds

Dude makes a lot of shots but his form is hideous. Pushes it from the middle of his chest. 

38 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Ware listed as 6'4" by Verbal Commits. Seems to be well built. Really poor video of him dunking over a 6'11" player earlier in the year is about the most recent thing I can find. I trust in Travis, even the unknowns. 

Agreed.  Travis’ dad is so tied in especially in that part of the country.  Like having another scout on staff.

From a recent game story:

Ware, Christian’s all-time leading scorer, echoed his 47-point performance against Henderson in Hopkinsville during the Feb. 3 92-84 double-overtime win for Christian by racking up 45 points and pulling down 11 rebounds on Saturday afternoon in Colonel Gym.

You think about how many region championships that Christian County has, and (Ware) is the all-time leading scorer. They put guys overseas, in the NBA, and everywhere, so I think that says a lot about him,” Henderson County coach Tyler Smithhart said. “That kid is absolutely dynamic. Whoever gets him at the next level is getting an absolute steal.”

29 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I am intrigued but part of me wants a “bigger” name. 

Are there a lot of bigger names out there for 2018? Spring recruits are normally the leftovers right.  I think Ford sees that this team suffers from a lack of scoring and he is getting people who can fill it up with Pearson and potentially Ware.  I didnt watch any videos but I am okay with it.   

Detorrion Ware - SG, 6-4, 200 - Hopkinsville, KY (Christian County)

Offers: SEMO.

Interest: SLU, Jacksonville State.

Latest News: Ford watched Ware and his Christian County team fall to University Heights in the Region 2 finals, which was Ware's final HS game. (3/6/18)

Scouting Report: Ware is a big, strong, high-volume scorer who averages 31.9 points and 9.1 rebounds per game for his HS team. He scores on all three levels, shooting 36.4% from 3 with tremendous range, and using his big frame and leaping ability to get to the rim and throw down thunderous dunks. He dropped a lot of weight heading into his senior year and didn't appear to be much of a prospect, but his physical transformation has elevated his game considerably.

-So this kid is pretty raw and I have some questions about his shooting form (which looks MUCH improved in newer videos) and overall game, but there's no question he's flying under the radar if only Jacksonville State and SEMO are recruiting him. He trimmed down by over 30 pounds over summer/fall 2017 and looks like a new player. His shot still has a bit of push to it but his range is basically unlimited. He gets to the rim a lot easier than I expected and he can really throw it down. He rebounds well. Again, there's not a ton of info out there aside from game recaps, but he's a big-time scorer and pretty physically imposing. I know they're biased, but WKY sports writers seem to love him. I think this is really a case of a kid who was way overweight for three years and not getting any serious looks (although SEMO did offer early), and who finally has molded himself into a prospect his senior HS year. If he doesn't end up with any offers in the next few weeks, he's going to get a lot more attention if he takes a prep year somewhere.

44 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Detorrion Ware - SG, 6-4, 200 - Hopkinsville, KY (Christian County)

Offers: SEMO.

Interest: SLU, Jacksonville State.

Latest News: Ford watched Ware and his Christian County team fall to University Heights in the Region 2 finals, which was Ware's final HS game. (3/6/18)

Scouting Report: Ware is a big, strong, high-volume scorer who averages 31.9 points and 9.1 rebounds per game for his HS team. He scores on all three levels, shooting 36.4% from 3 with tremendous range, and using his big frame and leaping ability to get to the rim and throw down thunderous dunks. He dropped a lot of weight heading into his senior year and didn't appear to be much of a prospect, but his physical transformation has elevated his game considerably.

-So this kid is pretty raw and I have some questions about his shooting form (which looks MUCH improved in newer videos) and overall game, but there's no question he's flying under the radar if only Jacksonville State and SEMO are recruiting him. He trimmed down by over 30 pounds over summer/fall 2017 and looks like a new player. His shot still has a bit of push to it but his range is basically unlimited. He gets to the rim a lot easier than I expected and he can really throw it down. He rebounds well. Again, there's not a ton of info out there aside from game recaps, but he's a big-time scorer and pretty physically imposing. I know they're biased, but WKY sports writers seem to love him. I think this is really a case of a kid who was way overweight for three years and not getting any serious looks (although SEMO did offer early), and who finally has molded himself into a prospect his senior HS year. If he doesn't end up with any offers in the next few weeks, he's going to get a lot more attention if he takes a prep year somewhere.

-we need scorers for next season, outside shooters than can make more specifically, that will open the lane for HF, JS, DJF, etc and drives from JB and JG, etc, if CFord thinks this kid can fit that bill, let's get him...Be a Billiken!

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Only kid averaging more ppg than Ware is a freshman pg. sheesh. 

Can we offer him too?

Zion Harmon? He's a 5-star player being recruited by Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, etc. He's a top-10 player in the class of 2021. As connected as Ford is in Western Kentucky, I think Harmon is probably a bit out of reach already.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Zion Harmon? He's a 5-star player being recruited by Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, etc. He's a top-10 player in the class of 2021. As connected as Ford is in Western Kentucky, I think Harmon is probably a bit out of reach already.

I should have figured.  those numbers are insane. 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I should have figured.  those numbers are insane. 

He's ridiculously good. It's a shame his team just lost, because that's who Pearson's team would be playing next had they won.

12 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

From a recent game story:

Ware, Christian’s all-time leading scorer, echoed his 47-point performance against Henderson in Hopkinsville during the Feb. 3 92-84 double-overtime win for Christian by racking up 45 points and pulling down 11 rebounds on Saturday afternoon in Colonel Gym.

You think about how many region championships that Christian County has, and (Ware) is the all-time leading scorer. They put guys overseas, in the NBA, and everywhere, so I think that says a lot about him,” Henderson County coach Tyler Smithhart said. “That kid is absolutely dynamic. Whoever gets him at the next level is getting an absolute steal.”

My team played in a tournament in Hopkinsville about 15 years ago and Christian County (it was a county All-Star team) was by far the best team in the tourney. Just an amazing team. Some dude from that squad had even been on Letterman doing ball-handling tricks.