Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

As the roster stands right now, we don't need another big, but does anyone know if interest in Jamarr Williams is picking up more interest from other programs?  The guy has been a double double machine.  For the 13 games the Post has stats for he is averaging 21.8 points, 22.4 rebounds and 8.3 blocks at NWA.  

Sounds towel-worthy?

His team won state last year in the same class as Whitfield/Torrence Watson.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A kid who becomes more intriguing in the spring because of our looming PG situation is Brandon Fredrick from Confluence. His numbers are big-time, but what about those who have seen him play?

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

A kid who becomes more intriguing in the spring because of our looming PG situation is Brandon Fredrick from Confluence. His numbers are big-time, but what about those who have seen him play?

At his best he looks like a poor man's Trae Young.  At his worst he looks like an undersized volume scorer who shoots too much. When he catches fire though look out.  Got hot in the jamboree against Mr. Gordon and Webster. 

Xavier Pinson update: Wisconsin just offered this week after getting him to come up on an unofficial visit, entering the mix with SLU, Mizzou, Georgetown, Memphis, and Dayton. He's in the process of setting up an official visit to Madison. His official visit to Mizzou is February 3-5, the weekend they host Kentucky.

Maryland, Oklahoma State, and Butler were all out to see him last week.

He set February 22 as his commitment date. Our situation should be very clear by then.

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster here. I noticed Pistol reference my twitter account yesterday and figured it was time to start posting, hopefully I can provide a little insight on some of the local kids. Jamar Williams is a really high motor player but I'd be willing to bet that his STLToday stats are inflated. Love watching him play, he is a tenacious rebounder, but definitely not an A10 kid, I see him as a perfect D2 big man. As for Frederick, despite his size (5'8, 150 pounds soaking wet) I think he can play at SLU's level. If you live in STL, go catch a Confluence game, Frederick is one of the most exciting players in the area. Elite shooter with unlimited range and decent passer/floor vision. From everything I've gathered from talking to people, he wont end up D1,  but I absolutely think he can play at the D1 level. 

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Xavier Pinson update: Wisconsin just offered this week after getting him to come up on an unofficial visit, entering the mix with SLU, Mizzou, Georgetown, Memphis, and Dayton. He's in the process of setting up an official visit to Madison. His official visit to Mizzou is February 3-5, the weekend they host Kentucky.

He set February 22 as his commitment date. Our situation should be very clear by then.

-sure hope so, and hope clear in a good way so that we are not having to recruit an entire new roster

10 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

The truth is some coaches this year will be fired around March. 

If that transfer rule is in effect, I believe ford will refill his roster with experienced sophomores or juniors rather than recruit the last pickings of high schools. We would have very little senior leadership if he doesn’t 

Only if we have zero point guards returning we cannot wait a transfer sit out year.   So it has to be a grad transfer, a qualifying juco transfer or an incoming freshman

On 2/1/2018 at 2:46 PM, Pistol said:

7 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

He gets 1 minute the majority of his games...why would we offer him? Am I missing something?

You are missing something ....but I can't tell you what it is....If he got 1 shot per minute....that would be unbelievable....he is shooting 3 1/3 per minute or the equivalent of 133  shots per game....Let me know when you figure it out.