Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Updated Rivals Top 150 rankings for 2018 offer list - Name, New Rank (Previous)

Keldon Johnson, 18 (24)

Ayo Dosunmu, 20 (21)

Will Richardson, 47 (78)

Carteare Gordon, 52 (45)

Talen Horton-Tucker, 54 (102)

Isaiah Mucius, 82 (66)

Nate Hinton, 115 (NR)

Torrence Watson, 116 (108)

Jeenathan Williams, 133 (135)

Not Ranked: Madut Akec, Chase Audige, Junub Char Chuol, Karrington Davis, Kyler Edwards, Javon Freeman-Liberty, Alan Griffin, Demarius Jacobs, Trey Jemison, Tony Johnson, Souleymane Koureissi, Isaac Likekele, Marcus Littles, Tyrese Martin, Markquis Nowell, Mickey Pearson, Joe Reece, Jared Rhoden, Omar Silverio, Fred Thatch, Tyson Walker, Dallas Watson, Tyrese Williams.

Other names of note (including players SLU offered but have committed elsewhere):

Darius Bazley, 14 (25) - committed to Syracuse

Darius Garland, 15 (12) - down to Duke, UNC, UCLA, Indiana, Vandy

Cole Swider, 34 (40) - committed to Villanova

Courtney Ramey, 39 (34) - committed to Louisville

Landers Nolley, 55 (70) - down to VT, Illinois, Oklahoma State, Georgia, UConn

Michael Devoe, 62 (97) - down to Wake Forest, GT, Clemson, Indiana, Ohio State, USC, Florida, UConn

Foster Loyer, 64 (65) - committed to Michigan State

Jericole Hellems, 99 (NR) - down to NC State, GT, VT, Florida, Mizzou, South Carolina, Arkansas

Jordan Lathon, 118 (116) - committed to Northwestern

Justin Ahrens, 138 (135) - down to Xavier, Ohio State, Michigan

I am a little surprised Rhoden has moved on to some of top 150 lists.

ESPN only goes 100.  His grade there would seem to put him just outside the top 100 in their rankings.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, brianstl said:

I am a little surprised Rhoden has moved on to some of top 150 lists.

ESPN only goes 100.  His grade there would seem to put him just outside the top 100 in their rankings.

Has or hasn't?

Scout/247Sports has him at 127.

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

WTF are you talking about? Gordon *chose* not to play for MoKAN this year. 

I know. But the year prior he played with both brothers and those brothers were committed to a West Coast school. Now both are back at his home state school. They were able to sway Blake Harris, so I'm just wondering why this SLU vs Mizzou rumors are just now starting get out there. 

20 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Has or hasn't?

Scout/247Sports has him at 127.

That is their composite ranking which uses the grades of every available service. The actual 247 ranking for him is 198. My guess is that his grade at ESPN (which is equal to an ESPN top 100 player) is pulling up his composite ranking inside the top 150.

13 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I know. But the year prior he played with both brothers and those brothers were committed to a West Coast school. Now both are back at his home state school. They were able to sway Blake Harris, so I'm just wondering why this SLU vs Mizzou rumors are just now starting get out there. 

Again, WTF are you talking about? Gordon to Mizzou rumors started basically the day they hired Mr. Integrity. Part of it is arrogance from MU people tht of course he'll flip, part of it is people seeing how Mr. Integrity operates with most of his signings this spring coming from kids that had already committed to other schools so it's only natural he'll keep that pattern up, part of it is an inferiority complex that SLU people have (we simply can't believe we are going to keep him). Either way, it's been out there for quite some time.

The only reason this is coming up now is the snapchat picture. 

17 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Did you ever think he didn't play at MOKAN this season because he didn't want to play with Jontay Porter again?

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

That is their composite ranking which uses the grades of every available service. The actual 247 ranking for him is 198. My guess is that his grade at ESPN (which is equal to an ESPN top 100 player) is pulling up his composite ranking inside the top 150.

Good point, I clicked on the wrong rankings. I'd be interested to see what's going into the composite, then, if we've established that he's 198 with Scout/247 and above 150 with Rivals. He'd need some top-100 rankings to have a composite of 127.

ESPN has him as #4 in NY (top 2 are Top 100), #29 in the East (top 26 are Top 100), and #22 SG (top 18 are Top 100) - so yeah, he's got to be right in that 110-125 neighborhood with them.

So I don't know where his better ratings are coming from, or what other secret sauce is in the 247 composite.

44 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Again, WTF are you talking about? Gordon to Mizzou rumors started basically the day they hired Mr. Integrity. Part of it is arrogance from MU people tht of course he'll flip, part of it is people seeing how Mr. Integrity operates with most of his signings this spring coming from kids that had already committed to other schools so it's only natural he'll keep that pattern up, part of it is an inferiority complex that SLU people have (we simply can't believe we are going to keep him). Either way, it's been out there for quite some time.

The only reason this is coming up now is the snapchat picture. 

I had been looking forward to signing day to put this all to rest, but now I think we can count on it continuing at least until he's actually on campus next year.

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

If there is one thing you can count on anytime Mizzou is brought up, it's STL Hoops bringing some connection to a player for Mizzou and saying he will sway the SLU player away.  

On 9/1/2017 at 1:16 PM, STL Hoops Insider said:

Rumors were floating about Gordon last high school season.  In my opinion it was because Mizzou became another viable option for the kids wanting to stay close to home.  As far as i know Gordon doesn't have a bad relationship with the Porters. To play alongside Porter and Trey Young was probably to much to pass up when it came to Mokan.  He *chose* not to play with BBE.  He would have played 17u on Goodwins team if he wanted to.  He *chose* not to play with his WG teammate on TeamRamey.  Since his commitment to SLU things have happened to make me believe he will keep his commitment.  But if you know Gordon...anything is possible.  I never thought he would return to the WG district...but he did. 

Edited by Coach314

53 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Rumors were floating about Gordon last high school season.  In my opinion it was because Mizzou became another viable option for the kids wanting to stay close to home.  As far as i know Gordon doesn't have a bad relationship with the Porters. To play alongside Porter and Trey Young was probably to much to pass up when it came to Mokan.  He *chose* not to play with BBE.  He would have played 17u on Goodwins team if he wanted to.  He *chose* not to play with his WG teammate on TeamRamey.  Since his commitment to SLU things have happened to make me believe he will keep his commitment.  But if you know Gordon...anything is possible.  I never thought he would return to the WG district...but he did. 

Put down the bottle. 

28 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Hearing rumors that Gordon was in Columbia this weekend hanging out with the Porters. Can anyone confirm or deny?  I know McKinney was visiting as well.

McKinney retweeted Scott Burgesss stating that McKinney was visiting K State yesterday.

29 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Hearing rumors that Gordon was in Columbia this weekend hanging out with the Porters. Can anyone confirm or deny?  I know McKinney was visiting as well.

Hearing rumors --- also known as seeing a post on tigerboard.

I'm so done with this Gordon stuff. Whatever happens happens